033

! chapter thirty-three !

─── ∙ ~ ✩ ~ ∙ ───

"YOU KNOW," HAVEN STARTED, continuing to make her way down the hill. She ran a hand along the one lone tree that sat at the top, her fingers going through the zig-zag lines of the bark. Haven allowed a small firefly to climb up her arm, and she watched in awe as it lit up a bright green, before flying off into the distance. She began to walk again, allowing the hand that had been offered to her to lead her further down the hill. Blades of grass tickled the bottom of her feet, and a sudden gust of wind appeared from nowhere, blowing her white sundress during the process. It was a warm spring night, but she had no idea what year she was in, or where she was, but she didn't mind as she fell into a sitting position. Haven glanced up at the dark night sky, the small twinkling lights staring right back at her. "I've always loved the stars."

"I gathered as much," Draco's voice replied from behind her, and he hesitantly fell onto the grass next to her. He caught her confused look, and lifted one of his shoulders into a slight shrug. "Didn't want to ruin my suit. Not like it matters, anyway."

"Is any of this real?" She asked, glancing around. "I mean, I'm a little confused."

"It's like a dream," he explained. "I don't really know how to describe it. Mother told me once a long time ago, but I can hardly remember. The gist is, if there are two souls with a strong connection, they're able to mend memories and places together to form some sort of reality while they're asleep."

"Are you saying we're two souls with a strong connection?" Haven questioned teasingly, and he rolled his eyes. They fell into a silence, before she glanced back over to him. "Well, this place isn't in any of my memories, so it has to be one of yours. Where are we?"

"France," he answered, looking out into the distance. "My father owns quite a few manors across the world. This one is a couple miles away from Paris." Haven suddenly realized the connection, and she let out a breath. "How are things, I mean, at Hogwarts? Is there any..." Draco trailed off, and she furrowed her brows together, but he didn't elaborate.

"It's horrible," Haven told him. "You wouldn't believe the things Snape is allowing the Death Eaters to do to the students. It's absolutely mental."

"What about—I mean, is there like any—" He stuttered over his words, and for the first time since she'd known him, Draco's face seemed to redden, even in the dark night she could still see the tint of color on his cheeks. She suppressed a smug grin.

"Are you trying to ask me if I've got my eye on any other boys?" Haven wondered with a smirk, and he quickly averted his gaze, which made her laugh. "No, Draco. None. Just you."

He sent her a pointed look. "Good." They fell back into a comfortable silence once more, before Draco let out a heavy sigh. "Do you know what I miss?"