037

! chapter thirty-seven !

─── ∙ ~ ✩ ~ ∙ ───

HARRY FELL AGAINST THE wall, breathing heavily as the four of them peered at him in worry. Sweat dripped down his face, leaving a clean line in its mark due to his ash covered cheeks. "It's the snake," he finally managed to choke out. "She's the last one. The last Horcrux."

There was a brief moment of silence that settled throughout them, before Ron crouched down in front of the brunette. "Look inside him, Harry," he advised. "Find out where he is. If we can find him, we can find the snake. Then we can end this."

Harry shivered, and his eyes slid shut. He twitched violently a few times, his breathing turning heavy. His hands shook at his sides as he seemed to struggle against something. His eyes snapped open after a long minute. "I know where he is," he told them, weakly pushing himself up.

Haven started after him, before she felt a cold hand grab her own, she turned around to face Draco. He glanced guiltily behind her. "I can't go—"

She cut him off with a searing kiss that seemed to stop time. His hand came up to cup her cheek, and she melted into it before reluctantly pulling away. "I know. Stay safe, okay?"

For a moment, it looked like he was going to say something else, before he decided against it. Draco clenched his jaw, and nodded. With her heart pounding in her chest, and almost hesitantly, she turned on her heel to hurriedly trail after the others.

They rushed down the stairs, aimlessly throwing spells at the remaining Death Eaters that stood there. Hogwarts was completely destroyed. Haven had to force herself to look away from a few limp bodies that laid on the ground. Parts of the building were in shambles. It physically pained her to see the place she considered her home to be treated as if nothing more than a battle zone. They went to turn a corner, before Harry suddenly pulled them back, and they narrowly avoided being hit with a curse. He lifted his arm, shooting a spell in the Death Eater's direction. Harry carefully glanced around the wall, and then nodded, gesturing that it was okay for them to keep moving.

A giant stood in the courtyard, it slowly turned to face them. Haven definitely didn't fail to notice the large weapon in his hand, and the four of them darted away before he had the chance to swing at them. They ducked behind a bell, and it rang at the impact of the giant's axe. Haven's breathing turned shallow, her palms sweating with nervousness before she forced herself to calm down. She quickly followed Harry who had begun to run again, her heart racing in her chest. Large spiders crawled over the pile of debris, making all of them turn around. Haven's stomach churned with fear as they ran in between the giant's legs, but he didn't seem to pay them any attention as it attacked someone else.

Haven's heart stopped once she saw a familiar face wriggling under a Death Eater, a wand at his throat. Without even thinking, she raised her own wand, and muttered two words she never thought she'd say. "Avada Kedavra!" She yelled, and a bright green mist shot out from the item in her hands, and the Death Eater rose up into the air—just like Sirius had almost two years prior. Haven forced her train of though elsewhere as she jogged over to Jason, who was weakly pushing himself up. "You alright?"