009

! chapter nine !

! chapter nine !

─── ∙ ~ ✩ ~ ∙ ───

"HAVEN!" A VOICE YELLED, making her jolt up in her bed. Her heart raced in her chest with worry at the panicked voice, and she glanced over to see Luna peering down at her with concern written all over her face. Haven rubbed the sleep from her eyes, staring at the blonde curiously.

"What?"

"It's your brother."

Haven quickly pulled on a pair of shoes, before racing down towards the headmaster's office. Hogwarts was scary at night, it totally creeped her out to be walking along the deserted halls in the darkness. Luckily, she'd been there long enough to know the building like the back of her hand, and she was grateful that she didn't get lost. Once she entered the room, she quickly discovered not only her brother drenched in sweats, but the Weasley siblings who were sat off to the side.

McGonagoll hurriedly ushered her farther inside, and Haven gently took a step closer to Harry. He glanced over, and she noticed how some of the tension eased once he saw her. However, his breathing was rapidly heavy as he stood there.

Confused, Haven found Ginny's gaze, but the redheaded girl offered to tell her nothing, and her shoulders slumped. What was going on?

Dumbledore appeared from behind his desk, and he began to pace. He didn't even bother to glance over to the twins's direction, which only made Haven grow even more concerned.

"In the dream," he started. "Were you standing next to the victim, or looking down at the scene?"

Harry swallowed thickly before answering. "Neither...it was like I—Professor will you please just tell me what's happening? And why it's only happening to me and not Haven?"

"Everard," Dumbledore said, walking over to one of the paintings strung on the wall. "Arthur's on guard duty tonight. Make sure he's found by the right people."

"Sir—"

"Phineas!" Dumbledore cut him off, and Haven shifted uncomfortably. "You must go to your portrait at Grimmauld Village. Tell them that Arthur Weasley is in gravely injured, and his children will be arriving there soon by Portkey."

"They've got him, Albus," Everard informed. "It was close, but they think he'll make it. What's more, the Dark Lord failed to acquire it."

Harry twitched violently next to her, and Haven watched him in concern. He shook his head, looking like someone who was trying to get a bug off of them. She placed a gentle hand on his shoulder for comfort, still entirely confused about the situation, but Harry threw her off with a force that made her stumble backwards.

"Look at me!" He screamed, and Dumbledore stopped his pacing almost instantly, glancing over to the brunette. Haven stared at him in shock, suddenly grateful she'd been tossed away from her brother. He was honestly terrifying her at the moment. Harry's voice echoed off the walls, making the room feel so much more quiet once he'd stopped talking. "What's happening to me?"

Footsteps sounded from behind them, and Haven turned her head to see Snape enter the room. His gaze raked over them, before coming to stop on Harry. "You wished to see me, headmaster?"

"Severus, I'm afraid we can't wait," Dumbledore said. "Not even until the morning. Otherwise, we'll all be vulnerable."

Haven laughed nervously from her spot across the room, "what the hell is happening?"

Ignoring her, Snape suddenly grabbed Harry by the wrist, and dragged him out of the room. Haven watched this, a dumbstruck expression laid on her face. "Your brother's connection to the Dark Lord seems to be much stronger than yours," Dumbledore mused, and Haven looked at him, brows pinched together.

"Connection...to Voldemort? What are you talking about, Professor?"

"Tell me, Haven. Have you experienced any odd dreams...nightmares, visions as of late?"

"Not that I know of," she answered. "Is that what has been going on with him? Voldemort attached himself to my brother, and that's why he's been so angry all the time?"

"Could very well be the reasoning behind it," Dumbledore replied. "It seems that you are safe from this, at the moment. You don't seem to have any of the symptoms your brother has. I'm sorry to have disturbed you from your slumber. You are free to go back now."

"Go back?" She repeated. "You're gonna tell me that my brother is being possessed by the most evil and one of the most powerful wizards in the world and you want me to go back to bed?"

Dumbledore paused. "You're right, that was rather foolish of me. I'll have you know, someone forgot to lock the gate to the roof again."

Sighing, Haven glanced towards the door. "You know about that?"

"Nothing gets past me," Dumbledore told her. "I know that you've been going up there the last couple of years when you needed to clear your head. I'm sure it's one of those times now."

─── ∙ ~ ✩ ~ ∙ ───

Haven did go up to the roof. Something about seeing the stars above her was always comforting. They would always calm her down on her worst days, it was like a reminder that the world was in fact not spinning off of its axis. They told her that no matter how things were today, there was always tomorrow. It didn't really feel like that as of late, however. Tomorrow wasn't always guaranteed, especially when there was a psychotic powerful wizard who wanted to kill everyone who disagreed with him on the lose.

She shook the thoughts away, and laid down against it. Some loose shambles crumbled underneath her weight, but she didn't notice as she stared at the night sky above her.

Whatever was happening to Harry seemed horrifying, and once again she wished she could take the pain away from him. He'd been through a lot, and there's only so much a person can take before they break completely. She wanted to prevent that from happening at all costs. Haven thought it was unfair that he had to of the suffering all the time.

Eventually, Haven made her way back to her dormitory. She clutched her wand tightly as she walked down the eerily quiet halls. Some of the paintings snored as she passed them, which somewhat made her relax. Haven wasn't truly alone, after all. Once she was safely in the Ravenclaw common room, Haven jogged up the stairs, before kicking off her shoes and falling onto her bed with a dramatic sigh.

He really is out there, isn't he? Hermione's voice echoed in her head. Yes, he really was. And he was going after the most important thing in her life. Haven made a promise to herself that night. She wouldn't let anything bad happen to her brother, not if she could help it. As she glanced out into the night sky through the glass pane, she could barely make out the shape of a face drawn on the window from the fog as she drifted into oblivion.

─── ∙ ~ ✩ ~ ∙ ───

— AUTHORS NOTE

i hate this chapter so much it's such a filler oops, it's also so short omg it's barely 1.2k words bye