014

! chapter fourteen !

─── ∙ ~ ✩ ~ ∙ ───

"HARRY, ARE YOU SURE?" Hermione questioned as they ran up the stairs. Haven's heart thundered in her chest as she awaited his answer.

"I saw it. It's just like with Mr Weasley. The same door I've been dreaming about for months, only I couldn't remember where I'd seen it from." The staircase suddenly shifted, and Haven clutched the railing like a lifeline before she lost her balance. "Sirius said Voldemort was after something, something he didn't have last time. And it's in the Department of Mysteries."

"Harry please," Hermione interrupted. "Listen. What if Voldemort meant for you to see this? What if he's only hurting Sirius because he's trying to draw both of you in?"

"So what?" Harry demanded. "I'm just supposed to let him die?"

"You know that's not what she means," Haven told him. "We just need to be precautious. We could be walking straight into a trap."

"He's the only family we have left," Harry said sharply, and Haven stepped back at his tone. She swallowed, her eyes finding the ground. She was well aware of that. But if they walked in there with no plan, Haven was terrified of who would be left leaving.

A thick silence passed through them, and Haven glanced back to see Hermione and Ron share a look. The redhead looked up to Harry, determination set on his face. "What do we do?"

"We have to use the Floo Network," Harry explained, and they quickened their pace.

"Umbridge uses the chimneys for surveillance," Hermione reminded him.

"Not all of them."

─── ∙ ~ ✩ ~ ∙ ───

With a quick spell, Hermione unlocked the door to Umbridge's office. The door slid open as they walked in. Haven glanced around the room, scrunching her face up in disgust at the pink painted cement walls, and the plates with meowing cats strung up as well. "I've never seen so much pink in my life," Haven commented.

"Alert the Order if you can," Harry advised, lighting the fire, and the flames turned a neon green.

"Are you mental?" Haven questioned. "We're coming with you."

"It's too dangerous."

"He's my godfather too," she snapped. "I'm not letting you go by yourself."

"When are you going to get it into your head?" Hermione asked. "We're in this together."

"That you are," Umbridge's voice rang out from behind them, and Haven stood up, spinning around to face her. Haven took in the older woman's appearance. She was usually well put together, not a hair out of place. However, due to Fred and George's incident moments before, Umbridge was completely disheveled. Her short hair was sticking out in all directions, and her clothes were covered in dirt, not to mention extremely wrinkled.