012

! chapter twelve !

! chapter twelve !

─── ∙ ~ ✩ ~ ∙ ───

"NOW, JUST LIKE BEFORE, think of your happiest memory," Harry advised them. Lessons in the Room of Requirement had started up again, and Haven was glad. Especially with that Death Eater, Bellatrix escaping, there would never be enough practice with defensive spells where Voldemort was involved.

"Expeto Patronum!" Haven yelled, waving her wand. A small lap dog appeared at her feet, and it ran around the room. She held back a laugh as it went through Neville's legs, making him fall over. She offered him a hand, which he gratefully took as she pulled him upwards. "Sorry about that," Haven apologized quickly.

"No problem. It was a cute dog."

She went to respond, but she was cut off by a sudden strong vibration that nearly knocked her off her feet. Haven glanced up to see the chandelier from above move, the glass twinkling as it hit against itself. Everyone slowly made their way to the center of the room, sharing worried looks. Another loud sound came from outside, and the room once again rattled. The lights began to flicker, and Haven could feel her heart beat pick up. Her hands started to sweat, and she clenched them at her sides.

One of the mirrors shattered in front of them, and she took a scared step backwards, crashing into something hard. She glanced up to see Draco, who had placed his arm around her waist, steadying her. However, he didn't even acknowledge her as he continued to stare in front of him. It was then Haven noticed the small hole in the wall. It was large enough for them to see through it, and her heart dropped into her stomach once Umbridge's shrill voice spoke out.

"I'll make short work of this," she announced, and Haven saw her raise her wand, and the wall was blown to smithereens, crumbling into a thousand pieces. Haven fell onto the floor, clutching her eyes shut before any pieces of debris could fly into them.

When she opened them again, Umbridge glared inside of the room, two familiar faces stood next to her. Haven felt her entire body freeze up once she realized who they were. Crabb and Goyle.

Her gaze found Draco, who's eyes were wide as if he didn't know how his two friends had got there. Haven pushed herself up, angry tears threatened to spill over as she stared him down. He glanced over to her, and opened his mouth to say something, but she cut him off before he even got the chance to.

"I trusted you!" Haven sneered, her voice cracking as she swallowed. "I can't believe I was foolish enough to believe you wouldn't rat us out."

"Haven—"

"Don't," she cut him off, ignoring how that had been the first time he'd ever said her name, and how it made her feel to hear it come from his mouth. Haven shook her head, biting the inside of her cheek to prevent herself from crying.