Chapter Seven

7•••

7
•••

   "I want another blood test."

"My King, I understand your concern, but there is no need."

"There must be something wrong. This doesn't just happen out of nowhere."

"I'm fine, father." you don't know how many times you need to say it.

"Roseanne, please" he has clearly had enough of your comments.

You roll your eyes once he turns back to Doctor Moon. Lisa, disheveled with her messy bangs and in perspiration, she stands by the door with her head low as she waits for orders from father. You look away from all the distress you've caused.

"Tell me now and tell me truthfully, Doctor Moon, did the recent blood results come out positive?"

You clench your jaw at father's insistence, but also because of the possibility of the turn out.

"Negative, my King."

Both Lisa and your father exhale deeply. The suspense was keeping your subconscious on end, but you can finally relax deep into the mattress, letting your weary body feel at ease.

"I assure you my King, this was a result of the lack of energy and tiresome days of training- have you been eating full meals, Princess?"

You do not respond, only keep your eyes to the dark and shadowed mountain views out your window.

You just want to be alone.

"He asked you a question, Rosé, don't be rude."

"No, no, its no matter, King Mason. I think it best to leave the Princess to catch up on some sleep." Doctor Moon has always been on your side when conversing with the King. Like you, he gets the firsthand experience of how uptight father could be.

"Very well, let us continue this in my office."

The door opens and still, you do not turn their way.

"I will have dinner sent up, Roseanne. And Lisa, do tell your father what we've just discussed."

"Yes, Your Majesty."

Your father's heavy steps echo in the hall with Doctor Moon's reassurance. Your bedroom is quiet when the door closes, but you know your best friend intends to stay. Still, you do not turn from the window. There's a pinch of humiliation in you. Fainting in front of everybody- no better way to spell out weak.