Chapter Twenty Five

[WARNING: MATURE/SENSITIVE CONTENT] Nearing the end, please continue with caution

Nearing the end, please continue with caution.

25
•••

      You just have to go in there. Delaying time- pacing around the private ward won't change the matters to be dealt with when you enter the room.

Lisa will look at you and look at you with insufferable spite, she will. She might even spit at you for everything you deserve.

You can hear her behind the door, wailing and groaning in excruciating pain as the nurse tends to her wounds.

But you must go in there. It has been three days since the whipping- the barbaric, public shame done unto your best friend and Jennie's, and you have only now brought yourself to the hospital to see Lisa.

On the contrary, you have not stepped one foot closer to the door since you arrived three hours ago.

Though, it is not like you could have come earlier, even if it was the only thing you wished to do these past three days. Chewing yourself away in rigid anxiety and spiraling emotions of the sort have left you rough and sore and sleepless but it is what you deserve, and it was just more practical (feasible) to wait for your father's leave for the province this morning before visiting Lisa.

And perhaps too, the safest protocol to wait for the people's craze to die down. Even then, some riots continue to break in suburban areas, and few still take their protests to the square plaza. Father has taken most of them on his attending business.

The people are divided in their sentiments. It is fair to say that half of the South has faith in your innocence and virtue after some had taken notice of the scene you tried to cause at the platform, while the daunting other half has both you and your father at the end of their torches and rakes.

But it is also fair and factual to depict that all of the people will not forget what happened to Lisa and Sehun. In times of democratism and people power, it will be a reminder of the injustices crossed on the Park family name and it is inked in bold red over history.

Your family's rule is tainted in slashed flesh and it is known in all of Marcadia.

The North exhorts their own fumes for what happened to one of their own. And King Tae-oh is left to deal with the profound disarrays your father has caused. Jennie has to muddle in her own gnawing conscience for what happened to Sehun and the raw hurt in her voice is candid every time you speak over the telephone.

You didn't want to let go of Jennie. Wanted to keep her hand in yours, retreat to your bedroom and never be without her but as King Tae-oh ordered for Sehun to be treated in the North, you knew Jennie had to go too.