Chapter Sixteen

16•••

16
•••

   Jennie doesn't leave your side. The next morning, she accompanies you back to Mount Park Major to visit Orange, and as for mother, you introduce her to Jennie. And Jennie had a hand-full of freshly picked flowers to replace the old ones on the cobblestone tomb.

You spend the entire day on a blanket telling Jennie of old memories, and even the ones you thought you lost. She rested her palm on yours, as it was the most she could do while Suho and the royal escort guards stood afar on duty.

And for the next days, you are nowhere without Jennie.

In the courtyards, in the trail, in the rooms, you are enveloped in her presence. You spend the most time in the art room. You encourage Jennie to pick up a paint brush with you, and together you paint a portrait of your dear stallion. It is the only painting of yours that you frame on the walls of the palace. The center spot in the hall to the courtyards is the perfect and only place it is meant to be.

She hasn't left your side. Not even after the restless discussion about Jisoo and Lisa and their recent findings (or more so, your recent tellings). That discussion ended without a conclusion. In effect, it's made classes with Jisoo and casual walks with Lisa odd in its sense. The atmosphere is unbalanced and unfamiliar. You're not entirely sure how to explain it. Neither are you sure of their standpoint in the revelation of love affairs, because the conversation has yet to be brought up with them for the second time.

And not even could the extended efforts of Jennie's parents to get her to spend the weekend at home, in the North, convince her to separate from you.

Indeed, the only exception you would be without Jennie is in the bathroom, but even then, you have one or two dips in the tub together.

These days have been filled with Jennie. You think you might have separation anxiety from her at this point.

And you realize just how many times you've fallen in love with her for every second. To be candid, you think you could fall in love with her over and over.

    Now, May is past. The coronation is a rough two months away.

It's the talk of the country- the people are eager and excited. There is not a day that yours and Jennie's faces are not on the front page of the newspapers or on the headlines of news channels on the televisions all across Marcadia.

Within the patriarchs, the organizations are at hand. The Kings and the counsels are in preparations of their own. Within the library, the speeches are coming to a close and history classes are still boring. Within the liaisons of the forthcoming Queens of North and South Marcadia, there is not much of forthcomings going on at all.

You and Jennie don't speak a lot about the future.

You go on picnics and these picnics are free-spirited, careless and fun- painting is learning, cooking is satisfying, nights are assuring conversations in the dark. You do share everything together, but nothing beyond the tomorrows.