Chapter Fourteen

[WARNING: MATURE CONTENT]

14
•••

   She kisses your shoulder just before pulling up your dress to cover you. She zips you up and combs your hair in place with her fingers. When you turn around, you snake your arms around Jennie's waist, no attempt to hide your ridiculous grin.

"Do we have to go back?" all you want to do is lay in bed for the rest of the night.

"Your father, and maybe even mine, might just throw a fit in front of everyone if we aren't there for the toast." Jennie giggles, fixing your hair and dress to make sure you are presentable and unsuspecting when you both head down. "You know, I couldn't help but notice this." she says, taking mother's gift between her fingers.

"Mother wanted to give it to me on my twenty-first birthday, but father had only given it tonight." you tell her.

Jennie smiles sweetly and adjusts your necklace in place, "Your mother has taste. It's beautiful on you, Rosie."

You lean in and press your lips on hers. She returns the kiss, and you savor this before having a significant space brought between you two once you step through the ballroom doors. You move in sync, soft and gentle and loving.

You're still high on Jennie's love. You're tingling and you're electrified through and through, replaying all the promising ways she told you she loves you tonight. You're so high- metaphorically, you wouldn't be able to see the ground if you looked down. And you don't ever want to look down. You very much like it up here.

"Mhm, baby-" Jennie smiles between the kiss and pulls away, cupping your face to keep you from smothering her in kisses.

"Yes, love?" you question, still leaning in for one last peck.

"We should get back to the guests." she says, and you sigh knowing well that your presence has been long missed by now. You step to the door, but before you can open it, Jennie brings you in for that one last kiss. When she pulls back, you furrow your brows at her sudden shift in expression. She bites her lip and breaks your gaze.

"What is it?" you ask, tucking her hair behind her ears and lifting her face back to yours.

"I told Sehun to go back home." she says, and to your surprise, because you thought you both had differences in the situation. "But it didn't sit well with him. As you saw." she brings her woeful eyes to you, "I shouldn't have forced you to find solutions for them, Rosie. Laws are made and they aren't meant to be broken and I know things are different here. I'm sorry, it was too much to ask for."

"Hey," you slide your hands down to hold hers and rub your thumbs over to assure her, "Don't apologize to me." and you carry one to press your lips on her smooth skin. "I don't know about changing the rules just yet, but I'm going to try and fix things, Jennie. We'll see where this goes with the two of them and we'll figure something out." and you hope that you could figure something out soon, because Lisa and Sehun have been quite the unpredictable pair, and you're not sure what might happen come another surprise. "Love?" you look for her bright eyes and she smiles the glint back in them, nodding her head to agree with you.