Chapter 3 : Staying Awake

Kevin's POV

I woke up to the sound of a loud air horn. I widened my eyes and then rubbed them. I looked at my watch. It was 7:00 am in the morning.

I stretched and then scratched my arm.

**

After getting changed into our casual wear, we all grouped up for Chris to explain his plans for today. I was standing next to Heather. Me and her we're starting to get pretty close after being here for a week now.

"Morning. Hope you slept well." Chris started.

"Hi, Chris. You look really buff in those shorts." Heather pointed.

"I know." He winked." Okay. I hope you're all ready because your next challenge begins in exactly one minute."

"Suck up." Heather then playfully punches me on the shoulder.

"Oh, excuse me. I don't know if that's enough time to eat breakfast." Owen fiddled his fingers.

"Oh you'll get breakfast Owen right after you complete your 20 kilometers run around the lake," Chris said.

"Oh, so you're funny now. You know what I think would be funny?" Eva started walking up to punch Chris but her team stopped her.

Courtney whispered something in Eva's ear then backed away.

"You're enjoying this aren't you?" Eva glared.

"A little. You have 30 seconds." Chris told Eva.

**

We are all lined up ready to run. Chris soon says go and you all head off.

It's been a few minutes since you've started. You and Heather walk, not wanting to run at all. "This is completely pointless!" she says.

"Totally. This is summer camp, not gym class." Heather looks ahead and sees Leshawna.

"Pick it up, people!" Chris says driving by on a moped. "If you're not back by dinner time, you don't eat!"

I crouch down and Heather mounts onto my back. "Mush! Mush!" I start running at a pretty good speed. I soon run past by Leshawna.

"Hey, Leshawna! Bet you wished you had your own ride!" As I run past her, Leshawna scowls at the both of us. Surprisingly, I and Heather actually make it quicker than most of the teens.

Owen, holding an unconscious Noah, bursts in through the door.

"Clear a table STAT!" He shouted.

Leshawana followed in shortly after falling to her knees.

"Oh. We made it." She heavily sighed.

We watched Owen attempt to do CPR on Noah.

"What took you so long? We just lost the challenge." Courtney stated.

"I think I'm having heart palpitations." Harold held his chest.

"Hey, wait a minute. If they lost that means we won the challenge." Gwen said with a smile.

All of us started to cheer for our victory.

"Woah there. Hold your horse's guys, that wasn't the challenge." Chris corrected.

I knew there had to be more.

"What did you just say?" Gwen raised an eyebrow.

"Who's hungry?" Chris asked traveling a huge meal prepared on the table.

/Gwen: "After a whole week of brown sludge. I almost cried when I saw that buffet."\