Chapter 11 : A Three-Course Meal

Kevin's POV

We were all down at the beach with Chris explaining today's challenge.

"Today's challenge will test your minds, your teamwork, and your skills in the kitchen. You'll be cooking a three-course meal and serving it to me for tasting. The winners get a reward. The losers will send somebody home. Each team will appoint a head Chef to create the theme of the meal and to oversee the cooking. To cook, you need ingredients. Every morning a truck brings us food. Today challenges starts there, " Chris said as a truck driven by dolphin pulls up.

"Head Chef. Called it," Heather shouted.

After the Bass got their food supplies out of the truck. We approached the truck to get our food supplies.

"Leshawna, mangos. Beth, pineapples. Lindsay, macadamia, Trent, molasses, Gwen, tomatoes. Kevin, sugar." Heather commanded.

**

We all enter the kitchen and of course Heather already knows what she wants each of us to make.

"Gwen, Lindsay, you're on the citrus macadamia upside-down cake flambeau. "

Owen walks in with a huge bag filled with oranges. I see him bump into Heather and spill all the oranges out the bag and then slipped on the floor.

"Go back to the truck and get more oranges, " Heather.

I then walked over to the counter with the ribs.

"Kevin, Trent, and Owen on ribs, " Heather said looking at me and Trent. "Leshawna and Beth! You're on pineapple skewers and mango dip." Leshawna tells her to let her handle the appetizers and that she can make a really good pineapple chunny.

"Oh, really? Well, that's so great! But, since I'm Head Chef, we're gonna stick to my plan. And my plan is pineapples with sticks through them, got it?!"

I walk over and get to work on the ribs went, Trent. I heat them up and then start coating it with sauce along with Trent.

Suddenly, Owen bursts through the door, holding more oranges and covered in bee stings.

"It's okay, everyone! I'm back! Kevin heads up!" Owen throws me the box of oranges and it forces me down to the ground because I wasn't expecting him to throw it. I start to feel a lot I pain in my head. The last thing I hear is Heather's voice.

"Someone help! Get this off of him, " Heather said worried.

/Heather: Things were going perfectly! Except for Owen's hornet stings. And Kevin's concussion which means he out of today's challenge... I hope he doing okay..."

**

I soon woke up in the medical tent. Chef was tending to my condition.

"You feel better? Any pain of any kind?" He asked.

"My head hurts. Also how long have I been out, " I said.

"A few minutes, " he replied. "Better get back out there, " he then hands me an ice pack and I head back to the challenge.

/Kevin: My head is so sore. I can't believe Owen hit me in the head with that box. Why did he even throw it?/

**

When I make it back. I see that the kitchen area is empty. I assume that the food is being presented and was about to join the group. When I hear banging and screams from a large metal door.

I recognize the voice and quickly open it revealing a blue-skinned, shivering, very angry Heather. I noticed right before she collapsed in my arms, that her eyebrows are missing.

"Heather, what happened?" I asked concerned.

Heather tries to pull herself up with the help of my body to stand upright but she as too weak. "They did this!! Leshawna, Lindsay, and Beth!!"

I scowl at the doors as Lindsay rushes in a few seconds later.

"Kevin!! You're alive!!"

I glare at Lindsay. "I was knocked out not dead stupid!" I shouted still glaring at her. Heather soon has the strength to walk on her own but is still freezing. We all walk through the doors to find everyone else shocked at the sight of Heather.

"Y-you guys are s-s-so d-dead! Is it over?" She asked Chris.

"It is, " he replied.

"The Bass won 21 to 12 and it's just not cuz I almost died. The ribs sucked too." Heather glares at the rest of the team.

"Great! That's just great!!! Why do we keep losing, people?!" She jerks her head to the right and sees a strange wooden tiki figure on the table. "And what is this?! I didn't approve of this!"

Beth then walks over to retrieve it. "I-I brought it back as a souvenir! Y'know...from the other island?"

"YOU DID WHAT?" Heather widened her eyes.

"You mean Boney Island?" Chris asks. "The deadliest Island in Muskoka?!? The one I specifically said not to take anything from or you'll be cursed?!?" Chris asked.

Beth faces Chris sheepishly. "Yeah...I didn't know! I'll put it back!" Beth runs out of the Main Lodge with the item in her hand.

**

I was in the girl cabin helping Heather warm-up using a blanket. Which wasn't helping I could see her shivering and then heard her sneeze.

I hesitating pull her into a hug. Heather stiffens in surprise and she blushes.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"Sharing body heat with you, " I replied. "You look like you need it. Also, bless you."

"Umm... Thanks, " she slowly returning the embrace by wrapping her arms around my neck.

"Sorry you got locked in the freezer, " I said my head resting on her shoulder. "I did want to tell you something after today's challenge but right now you need to get warmed up. I tell you some other time.

/Kevin: I was going to tell Heather how I feel about her. But I didn't feel like it was the time to do that when she completely freezing./

Heather looked at me confused.

**

We were all sitting at the campfire. Heather has returned to normal skin tone and has regained most of the warm feeling in her bloodstream.

"I've got 8 Gophers sitting in front of me tonight, but only 7 fluffy bits of sweet safety in my hands. So, good luck. When I call your name come up and get your marshmallow.  Leshawna, Owen, Gwen, Trent, Lindsay, Kevin. Heather, Beth. Down to you. Whoever doesn't get this last marshmallow must immediately walk the dock of shame, and leave on the boat of losers. FOREVER! The final marshmallow goes to... Heather."

"You heard him. Boat of losers, that-a-way. That really was stupid of you to take that doll from the island." Heather smiled.

I got up and decided to head to my cabin. I will just tell Heather I feel some other time.

🏆🏆🏆

Hey lovely readers

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Also, don't forget to comment, and vote.

Q: What was your favorite part of the chapter?

Q: Will Kevin tell Heather how he feels next chapter

Q: What did you think of this challenge?

Thank you for reading 💜💜💜