Chapter 9 : Boney Island

Kevin's POV

We were all standing right above the beach level of the island where Chris faces us getting ready to explain the challenge. I was standing next to Heather trying to keep myself from getting distracted from staring at her beautiful hair.

"Bass. Gophers. Today's a true summer camp experience. A canoe trip. You'll be paddling your boats to Boney Island." Chris said trying to sound creepy." When you get there, you must Portage your canoes to the other side of the island. Which is about a two-hour hike through treacherous dense jungle."

"We gotta pour what now?" Geoff asked.

"Portage. Dude, walk with your canoe." Chris said.

"Oh."

"Now when you arrive at the other end of the island. You'll build a rescue fire that will be judged by me. The first team to paddle home and return their canoes to the beach is the winner of invincibility. Move, move move!" Chris said.

We all started leaving but Chris stopped us." Oh, wait. One more thing I should mention. Legend has it. If you take anything off of the island, you'll be cursed forever." Chris said in a spooky tone.

"YEAH! A cursed island! Woo!" Owen cheered.

"Now get in your canoes and let's have some fun," Chris says

"Yes!" Owen cheers.

We all started heading towards the canoe. I already knew who I was partnering up with. So I walk over to Heather who next to Owen.

"Hey, Heather wanna go together!" I asked seeing her pleading look as she back away from Owen after seeing me coming.

"Oh, yeah! Definitely. So long, Ox!!" She grabs my arm and drags me a way to find an empty canoe. We soon find one and get in.

"Thank you! I didn't want to have to row with that farting machine!" She said.

"Your welcome. The knight always rescues the damsels in danger, " I said laughing at my joke.

We were now waiting for Chris to give the signal.

"On the marks, get set, battle!" Chris said firing a gunshot.

**

I and Heather row the canoe while we also talk.

"Hey, Heather can I ask you something?" I asked.

"Sure what is it?" She asked.

"Well, you see, there's this person I like and I don't know how to bring myself into telling. Have any advice?" I asked.

/ Kevin: I want to tell Heather how I feel so bad. But I'm just so afraid that she won't feel the same way./

/ Heather: I was not expecting Kevin to ask me advice on asking a girl out. Who doesn't even have feelings for?/

"Well if you really like this. Tell them how you feel, but if they don't feel the same way you can still at least be friends with them. Being rejected shouldn't stop you from being friends. That really all the advice I can think of, " Heather said.

"Thanks, Heather, " I said.

Suddenly it started to get foggy.

"Where did that come from?" Heather asked.

"I don't know."

We continued rowing until we got onshore.

"Did you see that skull? How cool is that? It's like this place is hunted or something, " Izzy said smiling.