Chapter 21: Wawanakwa gone Wild

Kevin's P.O.V

We were all heading to the dining hall to get breakfast. Owen was trying to talk things over with Izzy. Apparently, he was willing to sacrifice her to spare his own life from the killer. Suddenly a trap sent him hanging upside down.

"Wasn't there just a 300-pound bag of joy talking to you?" Gwen asked.

"I'm only 296," Owen responded.

"She wasn't that far away from your correct weight," I said rolling my eyes.

"Someone set a trap." 

Suddenly a cage fell on us.

"Or two," Owen added.

"Good morning campers! Or should I say, trapper?. Ready for today's challenge? Excellent. Then let's talk about it over chow, shall we?" Chris said walking off.

"He's coming back to untrap us right?" Owen asked.

Chris threw a knife at the rope Owen was hanging from causing him to fall on the cage. The cage then open.

I shrugged and headed into the dining hall and sat down. We were served 'breakfast. I watched Heather looking at her bowl.

"Campers, there are only 7 of you left on Total Drama Island. After tonight's dramatic bonfire ceremony, only 6 of you will remain. We're nearing the end people, so look alive." Chris told us.

/Kevin: He expects us to look alive? I would look alive if your challenges won't crazy or if the food was actually edible.\

"Today's challenge involves making like our provinces great rangers and game wardens. You'll each have 8 hours to trap an animal." Chris started.

"Got one," Duncan commented holding Owen's arm.

"A wild animal, which you must bring back to the campfire unharmed. Rangers and game wardens often have to relocate animals for their own good and the good of campers." Chris said.

"For my good, I might have to barbecue my animal, I'm starving to death," Gwen stated.

"Funny you should mention that Gwen, the reward for winning today's challenge is a meal of all of your favorite foods," Chris said.

"I'm winning," Heather said resting her head on my shoulder.

Owen leans over and looks at her bowl."So you not got to eat that?

**

We relocated to the starting point for the challenge. Chris was holding a hat full of paper slips.

"Everyone, choose an animal assignment," Chris told us.

We all took our turn picking our assignment. I ended up with a horse.

'Well that not too bad.'

"BEAR?! Are you kidding me?!" Heather asked.

"It's the only animal left," Chris told her.

"These degenerates get cute little froggy and we baby ducky and I'm supposed to trap a bear with my bare hands?" Heather complained.

"You do get 60 seconds in the boathouse to gather any equipment that might help," Chris told her.

"Unless there are an animal trainer and a zebra carcass in there, I don't think it'll be adequate. This is ridiculous." Heather said and started to walk off.

"I don't think I've mentioned the penalty yet," Chris said.

"I don't care, I'll take it," Heather said.