Chapter 18 : Hide and Seek

Kevin's P.O.V

I, Heather, and Lindsay were hanging out on the porch.

Lindsay takes out of one of the drinks from Heather's prize basket that she won in the last challenge.

"I am so glad they included Grape-Tastic Pop in your reward, Heather! It's totally my favorite! It's the only thing I've really been craving on the island." Lindsay said.

Heather doesn't pay attention as she holds a red shirt that has many tears and rips all over it and starts ranting. "I cannot believe that Leshawna shredded my clothes. She is so gonna pay for this."

Lindsay looks over at the shirt and then turns back to her drink. "Well, you did steal Gwen's boyfriend. That's is  pretty major."

I give Lindsay a sharp stare telling her to shut up and not bring up that subject.

Heather reaches over and snatches the drink from Lindsay. She takes a sip and then spits it out.

"How can you drink this sugar water?!" Heather throws the bottle on the ground, causing the bottle to break.

Lindsay gasps, as her drink is so rudely discarded by Heather.

/Kevin: I'm usually a nice person but geez Lindsay is so annoying at times./

/Heather: Who cares about friends? In this world there are shepherds and they are sheep. I and Kevin are the shepherds, while Lindsay is a major sheep. Baaaa! Well, actually Kevin can be a loin when he angry. The look he gave me when he taught I cheated on him was very scary./

**

We all gathered by the dock and waited for Chris to explain today's challenge. 

"Today's challenge is a good ole fashion game of hiding and seek. You all get ten minutes to hide before Chef Hatchet comes looking for you. With his military background and degree in man-hunting, he is uniquely qualified to make this game excruciating hard."

"What's with the gun?" Duncan asked.

"The lifeguard chair is home base. When he finds you, Chef will try to spray you. If you escape his blast you can try run to home base. But if he catches you on your way, he'll douse you." Chris said.

"Ohh, so we're gonna get splashed by a bit of water. Now I'm terrified." Duncan said.

"Why don't you demonstrate Chef?" Chris said.

Chef began reloading the gun and then blasted Chris.

"Not at me dude!" Chris yelled dripping,

"So how do we win this game?" Heather asked.

"You got three options. One, don't get discovered in your hiding space. Two, run to home base before Chef blasts you. Three, once you've been caught, help Chef find other campers. Do any of those and you win invincibility. All clear? " Chris asked as Lindsay raised her hand. "You got ten minutes to hide... go!" Chris yelled as we all took off in different directions.

"You have, any ideas for your hiding spot?" I asked looking at Heather.

"Nope." She commented.

"Well then... wish you good luck my Queen," I said walking off.

**

After running a good distance, I stopped running and began to actually think about where to hide. My arm was suddenly grabbed out of nowhere and I was pulled into a cave.

"Woah, what he-" I started but I was shushed by Duncan.

I raised an eyebrow.

"Uh... why did you drag me in here?" I asked confused.