Chapter 13 : Master Chef Bootcamp

Kevin's POV

Me, Heather, Lindsay were sitting under a tree drinking coffee together.

"So, you say you own two hamsters?" I asked.

"Yes." Heather smiled.

"What are their names?"

"Cupcake, and Patches."

"Hm... You have very good taste in names."

"Thanks. So, do you own any pets?" She asked.

"No. You can't really afford pets in the orphanage. Only pets there are the ones kids had before they came to the orphanage, but I always wanted a German Shepherd."

"Cool. Any name ideas?"

"I was thinking about naming the dog Hunter for a boy and Willow for a girl."

"Very creative. I like that." Heather grinned.

"I'm like that you think it creative," I said smirking.

"Makes me happy to hear you like that I think it creative," she said kissing my cheek.

"Aw. You're both so cute together," Lindsay said.

I and Heather exchanged a look both blushing. Lindsay then got up and walked away leaving me and Heather alone.

/Lindsay: "Heather and Kevin are really cute together. "/

Suddenly Chef started shouting in the loudspeaker.

" Listen up little cockroaches! I want all campers to report to the dock of shame at 0900 hours!" Chef yelled.

I and Heather exchanged a confused look.

"THAT MEANS NOW, SOLDIERS! NOW!" He yelled as we got up.

**

Both of the teams grouped up at the dock of shame.

"Line up and stand at attention...you call this proper formation?" Chef said observing everyone. "Feet together, arms down, eyes forward, head up." He hit Harold multiple times, fixing his form.

"Oh this is gonna be a fun day," Gwen whispered to Leshawna.

"What did you say to me, soldier?" Chef yelled at Gwen.

"Um, nothing," Gwen said quickly.

"And you'll continue to say nothing until I tell you that you can say something!" He yelled. "Today's challenge will not be an easy one. In fact, I don't expect everyone to come out alive."

Owen then laughed but then got hit by Chef.

"My orders are to make sure all the babies in front of me drop out of my boot camp except one. The last one standing wins immunity for their team. Rule number one: You will address me as Master Chef. Have you got that?" Chef asked.

"Yes, Master Chef," We all said together.

"You will sleep when I tell you to sleep. And you will eat only when I tell you to eat. Is that clear?" Chef said in the megaphone in Geoff's face.

"Yes master Chef," Geoff responded.

"Rule number two, when you're ready to give up, you will walk to the end of the dock and ring the bell. Which brings me to rule number three. Let's get one quitter before the end of the first day. The day will not end until someone drops out. Now get your butts down to the beach. Soldiers. Now! Now! Now!" Chef yelled as we all dashed to the dock.

/Kevin: "This is going to be a long challenge./

**

We were all down at the beach area with two teamed colored canoes.