Chapter 12 : Trust

Kevin's POV

I woke up in a good mood. Today was the day I was going to try and tell Heather how I feel about. Even if I don't have any luck I will keep trying until I succeed in telling her how I feel.

After getting dressed I walked out of the cabin and head to the Main Lodge. When I walk in I see her shivering while covered in a warm, brown, blanket, and sit next to her.

"Hi Heather, " I greeted her. "Feeling any better today?" I asked and she sniffed in response.

"I take that as a no. Anyway, there something I wanted to talk to you about, " I said. Heather raised an eyebrow.

I was about to tell her how I feel. When suddenly Gwen and Leshawna sit across from us with smiles on their faces. Heather sneezes right before Gwen rests her tray on the table.

"Bless you, " I muttered.

"Thank you," Heather whispers into my ear.

"Need a little echinacea?" Gwen asked.

"Ha! You're so funny, " Heather replied. "You think you can just lock me up in a freezer and get away with it? I'm gonna make you sorry that you ever met me."

Too late, " Gwen said leaning close and whispering in Leshawna's ear. Leshawana giggled.

"Ugh! You are such a...a... A... ACHOO!!" Ugh! I hate this place."

"Bless you, " I said. "You want a cup of coffee?" I asked looking at Heather.

"Yes, " she replied. "And thank you."

I got up and out of my seat and headed to the coffee maker. I saw Courtney and Duncan arguing about something. I shrugged it off and grabbed two mugs and poured coffee in both of them. I was mainly coming over here to get away from Gwen and Leshawna who were laughing about what they did to Heather.

I then walked back over to my spot and sat down next to Heather and took a sip of my coffee. While handing Heather the other cup of coffee.

"This is the only thing here that doesn't taste horrible, " I commented.

"True, " Heather said. "By the way what did you want to tell me earlier?" She asked looking at me.

"It was nothing forget about it, " I quickly replied.

/Kevin: I wanted to tell her how I feel but just don't have the guts to anymore. Especially not in front of Gwen and Leshawna. I don't need those loud mouths laughing about my feelings for Heather./

/Heather: I could tell that Kevin was lying when he said it was nothing. But I could see that it was something important. He really looks like he has something on his mind./

"Morning campers. It's time for today's challenge." Chris said on the old speaker.

"I can tell you have something you really want to talk about. So we will talk after the challenge, " Heather said as we walked out of the Main Lodge.

**

Both of the team's group up to hear Chris explain today's challenge.

"So, last week challenge exposed a few Gopher issues, " Chris started.

Gwen and Leshawna both glared at Heather. I glanced at Lindsay who waved at me. I just look away. Then look back at Heather and sigh.

'I'm still so mad at her for help Leshawna and locking Heather in the freezer. Also, I wish I could just tell Heather how I feel about her.'

I don't know what to expect from this team anymore. Everyone here is starting to get on my nerves except for Heather.

"And I'm sensing something funky floating in the Bass pond too, " Chris said as Courtney pushed Duncan. "So, this week's challenge is gonna be centered around building trust because all good things begin with a little trust."