Chapter 7 : Nightmare

A/N: This chapter you can be considered more offiller chapter if you want to. The next chapter will get back to the main story.

**

-Kevin's Dream-

I woke up inside of a van that was moving. I looked around and saw familiar medical and rescue equipment. I began to panic recognizing this truck ass my parents animal rescue van.

"No, not here! Anywhere but here!" I panicked quietly.

I haven't been here since I was six years old. I have been living in the orphanage since then.

I heard the van stop and then my side of the car door open. I looked to the door to see my father and mother then looked back at the ground. I could feel my eyes watering seeing my parents face again after so many years.

"Stay here and don't go anywhere. We are back once we finish bear cub that got separate from it mother," Mother said.

I nodded and lean back in my seat and closed my eyes trying not to think about was about what going to happen next.

But when I opened my eyes again. I saw I was not in the van anymore and there was an angry bear coming my way.

"No getaway don't hurt me, " I said backing up and heard the sound of a rock hitting the water. I then looked back and noticed. That I was close to a cliff that was above the water.

"Mom! Dad help me!" I screamed panicking.

"Kevin hang on!" Two voices exclaimed.

I over to see my mom and dad coming to the rescue.

The bear began coming closer and closer. So I kept backing up. I was always close to the cliff edge until my parents got me out of the way and started to try calming the bear down.

"Relax everything fine. Your baby self see. We found the cub, " Father said bringing a basket with a small bear cub from behind his back.

"See no reason to be so mad anymore, " Mother said but the bear was listening and my parents were close to the edge.

"No!" I screamed know what was about to happen. I try to save them but it was too late. They fell off the cliff.

-Dream over-

**

I woke up hurry panting, scared, and my face was soaked with tears. I quickly head outside and sat on the cabin porch and hugged my knees crying. I then heard the cabin door open and turned around to see Heather rubbing her eyes.

"I thought I heard someone sobbing. Not that I care but are you okay?" Heather asked.

"Yeah, I'm alright. Thank you for asking you can go back to bed now, " I said trying to hide the fact he wasn't really okay.

"Oh alright what wrong? I can tell your hiding something. You didn't tell me to stop lying to myself about caring about you, " Heather said sitting down next to me. Kevin sigh knowing he can trust her she can be mean, but she has been nothing but nice to him.

"I had a really bad nightmare. That I haven't had for a while. It just brought back a really bad memory, " I said sadly.

"What was it about Kevin?" Heather asked sitting down next to me. I look up at her with tears in my eyes. Heather then looks at me with a surprisingly soft expression.

"It was a nightmare about my parent's death and how they died. It all my fault they're dead and never coming back, " I said sadly looking at my locket.

"Is that why you look at your locket a lot?" Heather asked.

"Yeah, it all I have left of them. Since I was made an orphan," I replied starting to cry again.

"Relax it was okay.  It was just a nightmare," Heather said trying her best to calm me down. "I still don't care anymore you just want my sleep and can't get that with sobbing."

"Whatever you say. I was just so scared seeing them die all over again," I said calming down.

"Don't worry it was just a dream and dreams can't hurt you. The pain of losing them may hurt but you're not alone. There are people out there that care about you," she said.

"Thanks I feel a little bit better now. I really needed someone to talk to get that off my chest," I said giving her a smile. "Maybe someday I tell you how they died.

"Your umm... welcome I guess," she said looking away from me. "Now come on let's go back to bed. Everything will be okay."

"Yeah it will now thanks for comforting me," I said hugging her.

She blushed and hugged back. "You better not tell anyone about me hugging you or comforting you," She said punching me in the arm.

"Of course well goodnight," I said walking back inside the cabin.

"Yeah goodnight Kevin," Heather said walking inside the cabin and heading back to the girl's side.

Once I was back on the boy's side. I climbed into bed and drifted off the sleep.

🏆🏆🏆

Hey lovely readers

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Also, don't forget to comment, and vote.

Q: What was your favorite part of the chapter?

Q: How do you like this story so far?

Thank you for reading 💜💜💜