Chapter 17 : Treasure hunt

Kevin's P.O.V

I was laying on the ground next to a tree watching the clouds. I then looked to my left when I heard footsteps coming my way.

"Good morning, my knight," she greeted sitting down next to me.

"Good morning, my queen," I greeted back smiling at her. "You know I haven't felt this way in years," I said resting my head on her lap.

"What are you talking about?" She asked.

"Happy. Ever since my parents died I spent years depressed," I started. "I didn't care about I lost my sense humor and always fake smile. I believe that I will never be happy again, but my friends always try to cheer me up. After meeting you I feel the happiness that I thought would never feel again, so Thank you for making me smile," I finished.

Heather smile at me and kissed my cheek. "That's was a beautiful speech. I'm glad I could make you happy again," she said.

I smiled and kissed her back.

A loud explosion was then heard from farther down the camp.

"Are, mateys. Meet me at the amphitheater in five minutes and I'll tell you about today's challenge." Chris said through the loudspeaker sounding like a pirate.

**

We all took a seat at the amphitheater and waited for Chris to explain today's challenge.

"Well, my little scallywags. Have we got an adventure in store for ye," Chris said.

"What's under the sheet?" Geoff asked.

"All in good time paddle. Who here has a hankering for a good old- fashion treasure hunt?" Chris said.

Gwen rolled her eyes and let out an annoyed groan.

"Now this treasure hunt has a twist mateys. What you're looking for isn't hidden, and it isn't treasured." Chris explained.

"Now this treasure hunt has a twist mateys. What you're looking for isn't hidden, and it isn't treasured." Chris said.

"If there's no treasure, then what's with the eye patch and the plastic parrot?" Duncan asked.

"Arr, shiver me timbers. Good question me boy. You're looking for keys to a treasure chest. Inside each of these chests is a treasure that will pamper you landlubbers and one of these chests will even give you invincibility. Now come round and pull a clue out of this bucket, or you'll have to walk the plank." Chris said.

We all got up and picked up a clue out of the bucket. 

"These clues will tell ye where your key bestowed." Chris said."All you scallywags, go find your keys and bring them back by 6 p.m. Eastern standard time to open up the chest and get your loot. Very well young scallywags.  Now get to it."

I sighed and looked at my clue. It looked like I had to retrieve my key from a monkey and I can't stand monkeys there so annoying. 

**

After looking around I saw that my key hanging around a monkey down by three dogs. 

/Kevin: Really, Chris? You had to choose a Monkey to have my key./

I thought to myself to try and think of an idea to get my key. Nothing was coming to mind so  I quickly climbed up the tree and try to snatch the key from the monkey.

I was having no luck it kept on jumping away from me with the key still hanging around its neck.

**