Chapter 5: Gwen Dairy

Kevin's POV

I woke up to the sound of Chris's air horn from outside.

"Alright campers, enough beauty sleep. Time to show us what you're made of, " Chris said through his megaphone.

I got changed and brush the knots out of my hair and decided to wear in down out of my usual ponytail today. Then started making my way to the amphitheater.

**

We were all now sitting outside on the bleachers in front of a large stage. I then see Heather walking with Lindsay and smile and nod at her. She does the same as me as she and Lindsay walk up to sit next to me.

"Hey, Kevin. Ready for some more manipulation fun?" Heather greets me. " Also see you're wearing your hair down, " she said.

"As long as it with you then yes. Even if I was never one for manipulation, but enjoy watching how beautiful you look when you manipulate people." Heather awkwardly chuckles not expecting my compliment and then clears her throat all while blushing.

\Heather: "Kevin is so kind and constantly complimenting me that it almost makes me feel nervous that he tricking me. So he can easily defeat me. Yet his eyes show he genuinely is being kind and thinks I'm beautiful."/

\Kevin: I really like Heather more than a friend and want to ask her out, but she probably doesn't feel the same way."/

"Welcome to our brand new deluxe state of the art outdoor amphitheater. Okay, this week's challenge is a summer camp favorite. A talent contest."

"Okay, that was way too many words. He could have just said an outdoor theater, " I whispered into Heather ear making her giggle.

"Each team has eight hours to pick the three most talented campers. These three will represent them in the show tonight. Sing, dance, juggle, anything goes as long as it's legal." Chris hinted at Duncan. "You'll be judged by former DJ. VJ and rapped legend master Chef, who will show his approval via the chefometer. The team that loses will send one camper home tonight. Good luck." Chris waved walking off the stage.

**

"Okay, " Heather announces to everyone in the group after blowing a whistle to get the team's attention. "I'm captain so here's how it's going to work."

Gwen walks over. "Who made you the team captain?" She asked.

"She did! Just now!" Lindsay replies happily.

"Lindsay, Kevin, Beth, and I took a vote, and I won!" Heather tells Gwen.

"Threatening them to more for you isn't exactly democratic," Gwen said.

"Hey, snagged you an extra muffin." Trent smiled at Gwen.

"Trent, you're cool with me leading this project aren't you?" Heather asked.

"Right on, go for it." He encouraged making Gwen disappointed.

"Good.  Beth, Kevin, Lindsay, and I will be the judge, " Heather said.

"Whatever, " Gwen says in disgust.

Owen steps up. He takes a jug of what looks like sparkling water and chugs it. Own then toss the jug and quickly burps the whole alphabet. All the guys in the group go nuts I was impressed but knew Heather and the girls wouldn't want him to do that in the talent show.

"Well you're not going to do that in this contest that's disgusting, " Heather glared.

"Do you know how hard it is to burp the entire alphabet in one go?" Trent smiled.