Chapter 20 : Horror in the Night

Kevin's P.O.V

It was nighttime, Chris allow us to have a movie. Most of us were watching a scary movie. I was just sitting next to Heather drawing a picture while Heather just looked bored.

Everyone was commentary and saying their thoughts on the couple that was about to be killed. I just shook my head not understanding how people could enjoy this movie.

"Here comes the bloodfest!" Gwen shouted and I just continue drawing my picture of Heather.

"Aw, the chainsaw psycho is going back to the woods! He's getting away! Yeah, good ending!" Izzy shouted. The movie ended.

"Woo, am I ever glad that's over," DJ said. "I really hate scary movies!"

"Oh yeah?" Duncan started. "What scares you most? The part where everyone meets a grizzly death or the psycho killer with the hook!" He then had a hook on his hand and DJ jumped in fright and hid behind Leshawna. I laughed.

"Aw, come on Deej. For a slasher flick, it was pretty tame." Gwen said.

"Yeah, there was hardly any hacking. Not like, "Bloodbath 2, summer camp reign of terror!" Duncan said.

"No way, that's my favorite movie. I love when the killer jams that guys hand into the lawnmower." Gwen said.

"Or when he pushes the chick of the dock, and then she lands on a propeller blade that slices her in half." 

"Or when he shoves that big dude's head into the wood chipper." They both say together making DJ jump onto Leshawna.

I just continue drawing until I heard Heather speak.

"Aw... looks like Gwen and Duncan have more in common than bad fashion sense. It's just mindless guts and gore." Heather commented. I looked at her smile on my face.

"That was a good one my queen," I said chuckling.

/Kevin: I don't care what people think of Heather but being around her makes me so happy. For once in my life I have been to smile and laugh again./

"Horror movies aren't mindless," Gwen commented.

"Yeah, they're loaded with psychological trauma. Look at DJ." Duncan commented.

Leshawna then pushed him off of her leg.

"Whatever. Does anyone have any idea what our challenge is this week?" Heather said.

"We might not have one. He's usually on the loudspeaker yelling or making annoying entrances about the crazy challenges he came up with. He hasn't done that today," I look down at my drawing.

"Yeah, where's the Chris meister?" Geoff asked.

"Do we care?" I said with a blank expression on my face.

Duncan got up and began heading to the dock and everyone began to follow. I got up closing my journal and followed them walking next to Heather.

When we got there, we saw Chef take off on a boat, leaving the rest of us.

"Dude, you forgot this," Owen said, picking up a green pack they left.

There was a newspaper sticking out of the pack. It then suddenly fell out. He picked it up and began reading.

"Escape psycho killer on the loose. Be on the lookout for a man wearing a hockey mask with a hooked hand carrying a chain saw." Owen read.

"Haha! He's on the loose." Izzy smiled.

"Oh come on, they don't expect us to fall for this." Heather stated." The scary movie followed by hasty exit followed by a strategically placed lame prop." Heather stated.