Chapter 6 : Night in The Woods

Kevin's POV

We were all sitting by the campfire pit as Chris began to explain today's challenge.

"Campers, today's challenge will test your outdoor survival skills. I'm not gonna lie to you, some of you may not come back alive." Chris said making some of my team gasps." Just joking. All you have to do is spend a night in the woods. Everything you need is at your team's campsite in the forest. You just have to find it." He tossed Heather and Duncan a map and a compass." Oh and watch out for bears. Lost a couple of interns in pre-production. The first team back for breakfast wins invincibility." Chris blew his air horn.

"Did he say there are bears up in here?" Leshawna asked.

"I had a little encounter with a bear once. Let's just say his head looks really nice up on my mantle." Owen said.

**

We were walking along the path to the campsite.

"Hey Gwen, wait up." Trent dashed forward to catch up to her. "Can I walk with you?"

"No," Gwen said.

"Hey, if this is about that whole diary thing-" Trent started but Gwen walked up ahead.

"Just give her some time. She'll come back around. I understand how she feels. " I told Trent making Heather give me a worried look. I smiled knowing she was nervous I leave her. So I walked over to her reassuring her that I'm still on her side.

/Kevin: " I will admit what Heather did wasn't very nice, but even so I still care about her and have feelings for her. She can be very nice once she starts to trust you. I don't believe she truly mean just trying to protect herself and being mean is how she does that. My parents used to tell me people were mean because they are hurting inside."\

"Ugh! She is so the next one to leave." Heather growled.

"Who?" Trent asked.

"Who do you think? She dumped Harold's red ant farm into my bed. I'm just glad  Kevin was there to get them out.

"Well you did read her diary out loud to the whole world, " Trent said.

"So?" Heather asked coldly coming to a halt making the line atop also.

**

"Uh, there's no food here," Owen said once we reach the campsite.

"This is a survival task. Look at the instructions." Trent said looking at the map.

"I wonder if there are any bears around here. Wouldn't it be funny if we made some bear sounds and they came?" Owen asked Izzy.

"That would be so funny."

"RAAAR! I'M A BEAR!"

"Will you please shut it I'm trying to read here. It says we're supposed to find our own food. Ugh, I still don't see it." Heather glanced around.

"I think they mean in the woods."

"I'll go. I'm good at finding food." Owen walked off.

"Hey Owen I come help, " I said going to help Owen find some food. Once again I noticed Heather worried look.

**

Soon I and Owen are walking through the woods looking for food.

"So... Kevin... You and Heather?" I blush a little.

"Yeah... She's awesome. I just hope she does feel the same way. I feel like she might, but maybe she doesn't she probably wants someone just like her."