One

(Contains strong language and adult themes😦😉)

Pre warning
My spelling is awful.
Its only just been pointed out to me I spell father wrong for 60 chapters
So please excuse that. I'll get round to fixing it 💀

It was great to be back at hogwarts, back to being with your  gryffindor family however it was the first year at school knowing your mum was no longer out there.

She was a syltherin, an honest women, a kind women. Surprisingly no one ever believed the stories you told about your mother, how could a syltherin be so kind? Your dad on the other hand.

He was highly respected, a gryffindor also. People would joke and say you obviously got the good genes but you never felt that way. Your father was a powerful man but that didn't mean he was a great one.

You never spoke much about your parents to anyone because people would assume you mixed up the relationships. Some would even go as far as to say your mother must of spelled your father, for him to even look her way.

You didn't have many friends. Harry, Ron and Hermione were always kind to you, you'd eat with them and sometimes hang out when they invited you. Hermione even went as far as to send you a gift basket when the news broke that your father had finally snapped, killing your mother for being a bad wizard. Of course he was the hero of the story but the way you saw it was an abusive man saw a chance to kill his loving wife and took it.

Before you started at hogwarts, your mother introduced you to the malfoys, a wealthy family who helped your mum through her years at Hogwarts. They had a son your age, naned draco, who was starting the same year as you. He seemed to understand your families life more than anyone. But that was all it was. A civil partnership between two people. You'd walk down the halls and nod heads at each other and that was as far as anything ever went, until second year when harry got involved. He made his feelings clear about you and draco took that as an invitation to bully you too.

First day back you went straight to the common room ready to lay in bed forever. No one else had arrived yet. Father insisted on you getting the earlier train to make a good example. Example to who? No one was bloody at school to show off too. But you didn't argue.  Getting out that house was the best thing to come since your mum cooked you pancakes that final morning.

You felt good knowing hogwarts never really served pancakes, so the smell of them was very unlikely to trigger you, if they were never available.

After a while you changed into your robes and got prepared to greet all the kids arriving later this evening.

You walked down the empty corridors of the castle. It brought you chills, the silence, the cold air. You walked over to a big arched window with no glass. It faced out across the lake that stretched forever. It was peaceful to stare at nothing but it also brought enough time for you to think about your mother.

"Y/L/N" said a sassy voice behind you. It was loud or so you thought but It was probably just the because the hallway was empty. You listened as the footsteps approached you. They ended up standing next to you.  You didn't make eye contact, you just both stared out across the lake.

"I'm sorry about your mother Y/L/N" he sounded genuine. It caught you off gaurd a little. You guessed being mean about dead relatives wasn't something he was comfortable with.

"Thank you malfoy." You said smiling but still not looking at him. He patted your shoulder before excusing himself. He explained crabbe and goyle were going to arrive any minute. Which reminded you of harry, Ron and Hermione.

You ran down to the train station hoping you weren't too late.

"Y/N!" Hermione screamed running down the platform. She wrapped her arms around you stroking your hair softly. "Oh my I'm so sorry" you laughed a little at how silly she was being.

"It's okay" you replied, smiling at Ron and harry as they both approached, hugging you.

"how longs it been now?" Ron asked. Hermione smacked him and you laughed as he whinced.

"It's okay seriously. Um about three weeks."

"When's the funeral?" Harry jumped in.

"Father doesn't want one. Says she doesn't deserve it." Your voice broke on the final word but you span around before they could read your expression. "Come on then. Theres a feast waiting for us" Ron laughed racing ahead. Food wasn't on your mind right now but it was the best distraction.

After everyone unpacked the golden trio and you, stringing along behind them, made your way to the great Hall for dinner. You didn't mind being a fourth wheel, if it meant you weren't left out and it made you look less sad and lonely. However sometimes you wished you had real friends. Real friends like harry and Ron. You knew they loved you as their own but you also knew they'd sacrifice you over them any day.

As you began to fill you plate, you realised how unhungry you just were. You fiddled with your food as everyone else laughed and caught up about summer break.

Your eyes began to wonder the hall as if searching for something. And just like that your eyes met with his for the first time this year. Draco. Even though he had spoken to you earlier you hadn't noticed how much older he looked. His hair was longer. Covering his face more. His jaw more defined, his skin still pale. You lifted your hand to give a small wave and waited, draco smiled softly back before realising what he had done and span back around.

"What was that?" Harry asked

"huh?" You replied.

"Draco? Smiling?" Ron laughed.

"I'm sorry but is it so hard to believe someone might genuinely be nice to me?" You snapped a little to loudly. Everyone turned their attentions back to you. You dropped your head back to you half eaten meal before excusing yourself .

"well done boys" Hermione said.