Fifty two

Students flooded the halls ways, some ravenclaws running down the stairs towards the courtyard followed by a few hufflepuffs as the gryffindors ran towards the order. Everyone was everywhere as you ran through the crowded hallways.

You wanted to find something to do, a way to help. If you were being completely honest you wanted to find Snape and make sure he was okay but you knew you couldn't. You knew bigger things were about to happen.

And as if on cue you felt someone appear behind you, a hand grabbing the back of your neck and blaise who was running next to you. You didn't noticed him until you were both yanked back by a firm grip.

You both spun around angrily to see draco malfoy standing behind the two of you, his hair flopping over his hurt face. His familiar black suit tight to his body.

You let out a sigh of relief before taking him in for a tight hug, smelling his sweet scent that always made you feel at home. Right now you didn't even care he hadn't written to you in weeks months even, you were happy he was in your arms that he was yours.
"We need to go." He said quickly."He's here." He finished before grabbing your hand and pulling you down the hallway towards the room of requirements, balsie following behind the two of you.

"He's here?"

"Yes. He's coming. And I don't think he's going to let everyone live" You could feel dracos heart racing from where you stood as his hands began to shake and sweat.

"mate calm down and explain?" Zabini shouted over the caous.

You watched draco swollow as if saying the name pained him.

"Voldermort." You replied for him "voldermort is here" You finished. Your eyes watched blaise turn pale, his tuff guy attitude melting away like snow under the burning sun, his feet seemed to be stuck in place. Everyone was a follower until he was actually here.

You grabbed zabini hand in your free one pulling him along as draco dragged you, the three of you all as vulnerable as each other as you tried to squeeze through group of children, groups of innocent lives that were going to be lost tonight.

"When you say he's back? Do you mean just him or?"

Draco stopped you from speaking, his broken face giving you the answer you needed before he could even get the words out.

"Everyone is here.  All the death eaters. All the followers. Hundreds. Thousands... We need to get out of here and to safety that's why I'm here. They think I'm looking for Potter but I came to get you two out of this." He whispered you could hear the fear In his voice.

"Draco we can't leave...my friends are here."

"Yeah mate, there's people here I care about too." Zabini held onto you for dear life as the two of you confronted the love of your life.

"But it's not safe..."

"We knew it wasn't going to be easy dee. Please I can't lose the only people I have left." You begged.

"Fine. But if either of you die I'll be pissed." The three of yoh laughed awkwardly as draco stood vulnerable as ever in the middle of hogwarts.

This really was the beginning of the end you thought