Nineteen

"Wait it's your birthday?" Draco said before he sat down in-between you and Pansy, not that there was room.

"Uh..." You stutterEd. You were completely caught off gaurd.

"Well?" Malfoy continued.

"Yes. Tomorrow actually." You whispered barely.

"Oh my why didn't you tell us!" Pansy said jumping from her seat.

"Well I didn't think anyone would care?"

"Oh God does anybody know that spell that creates loads of food?" Pansy began to rant. You watched as she dragged flint off towards the back corner of the common room.

"You seriously didn't tell anyone?" Draco said turning to you slightly. His voice quiet and low.

"I told April." You smiled sweetly hoping he'd drop it.

"Y/l/n... If we knew..."

"You would of done something for me? Thanks but seriously I'm only turning 15 it's nothing special."

"Of course it's something special it's your birthday in a few hours!" Flint laughed handing you a bottle of vodka. "That one is just for you." He winked.

"We can't drink. We have class tomorrow." Draco rolled his eyes.

"Oh come on malfoy lighten up."

"Do all you guys do is get drunk?" You questioned.

"No, surprisingly we actually do homework most nights." Draco sighed still staring at you.

"But tonight is not one of those nights, it's y/n birthday!" You held the bottle cautiously in your hands trying to figure out if it was worth it.

"Not yet but I appreciate the effort anyway How do you guys get so much alcohol?"

"Being the evil house comes with perks. People expect nothing more from us" Zabini chimed in. You laughed before taking a big gulp of the drink coughing a little. You felt draco take the bottle from your hand, he glared down at you before taking a sip.

"Hey that's mine." You laughed poking his shoulder.

"You're not drinking a whole bottle, that would be insane." His voice was harsh. You knew it wasn't up for debate.

"Fine." You said before snatching the bottle back, taking another big gulp. The night went as any other with slytherin. Malfoy stayed sat next to you while Pansy and flint bickered all night, blaise jumping in whenever he could.

"So." Draco began. "Not much of a birthday party." He laughed.

"More than gryffindor would do for me."

"What do you mean?"

"Well in the gryffindor common room it tells you when someones birthday is coming up. I was in there putting up Halloween decorations and they basically kicked me out."

"Wait they knew it was your birthday tomorrow?"

"I don't know but it wasn't a secret." You sighed drinking a bit more. "But I think they're hiding a secret from me"

"Why?"

"Well whenever they enter a room and I'm there uninvited they all tense up."

"What do you think they're up too?"

"Hmm no idea. Knowing harry probably nothing good." Draco laughed at the comment before turning to stare at Pansy.

"I think she likes you."

"Who?"

"Pansy. I think she has a thing for you."

"Oh. But I'm not..."

"I know y/l/n. Otherwise why would you of ever kissed me?" Draco teased.

"Because it was a bet." You snapped back. He rolled his eyes before taking the bottle back off you. His hand skimming your knuckles making you shiver a little. His soft cold hands briefly touching yours. You blushed a little turning away to stare at the fire instead of watching draco drink from the same bottle as you.

"are you cold?" He asked, his voice was low. You looked over your shoulder at him as his eyes caught yours.

"Uh." You replied a little confused.

"Come here." He said before wrapping his arm around your shoulder. He pulled you closer next to him. Your right side of your body completely touching his left. He placed his arm just below your elbow as you hesitantly put your head on his shoulder. He began to rub his hand up and down your left arm in attempts to warm you up. You weren't about to admit you shivered under his touch, not because you were cold but because he made you breathlessly.

"better?" He asked, you struggled to hear his words as they were muffled by your hair, his head had now rested on top of yours as you two exchanged the bottle until it was empty.

"Yeah...thanks." You whispered. Your heart hadn't steadied since he sat down next to you a few hours ago, the idea of draco being caring was something you never believed to be true, since he left you at the astronomy tower a few months ago. You hated yourself for not hating him as much as you should, you hated yourself for falling back to him everytime he was slightly nicer than usual because you knew at the end of the day he'd go back to normal and you'd be hurt again.

But for tonight you didn't worry about it.

You and draco didn't make a noise, you sat in comfortable silence waiting for the alcohol to take a hit. As time went on draco had moved on the sofa so his head rested on your lap, your hands played with his soft blonde hair as he chatted with blaise across the room. His legs bent up so he could fit on the sofa, your legs crossed underneath you.

You knew draco was drunk, no sober malfoy would let you touch his hair like this. Your hand skimmed over his cheek moving a lose strand of hair away from his eye, he smiled up at you a little reder than usual. You quickly pulled your eyes away holding in a soft giggle. Whenever draco looked at you, you felt like your heart was doing a million back flips. He was everything you wanted and more but he never let himself get close to being like this everyday.

"happy birthday y/l/n." Draco whispered, his eyes still gazing at you. You turned your head to the clock that hung above the fire place. 12am. You felt your cheeks heat up as you finally stared back down at draco.

"Thank you." Malfoy smiled up at you before turning back to his friends.