Fourty nine.

It had been a while since you went back to hogwarts leaving draco alone at kings cross with all the wide eyed parents who seemed to be disgusted the two of you even presented yourself.

Christmas passed by, you spent the two weeks curled up with malfoy on his sofa, nothing else really happened while you were home. Sadness seemed to fill the two of you as you both knew you'd be leaving soon anyway.

It was a Thursday morning and you sat quietly at the back of one of the carrows classrooms. You hated the pair of them, their beady eyes and their hungry hands always ready to beat one of your class mates. It was completely unnecessary.

You sat silently next to neville. Surprisingly the few students who returned to hogwarts this year welcomed you back happily.

Ginny excited and relieved you were okay, apparently everyone was being told draco killed dumbledore and not you. It broke your heart hearing people whisper about how he only dated you to get information but you had to go along with it, if you weren't going to be completely alone this year.

You'd receive a few dirty looks from Pansy and blaise who sat across the room from you knowing everything that was being said was complete bullshit.

"Miss y/l/n!" One of the carrows called hitting the table hard infront of you. Your eyes shot up out of their daydream as you watched furiously as the teacher began to rant.

"See here kids. Just because you're a death eater doesn't mean you get special treatment." They moaned as you rolled your eyes. It was always you being used to make an example that no one was safe.
"DON'T YOU ROLL YOUR EYES AT ME YOU  FILTHY MUDBLOOD." They screamed.

You sat up straight laughing a little at the face staring down at you.

"One I'm not a mudblood you moron. And two I think everyone here gets you're a self loathing son of a bitch who likes to watch little kids cry in pain. What? Did mummy not love you enough? Did daddy not play nice?" You replied, your voice full of sarcasm as you gave the biggest fakest smile ever.

"What did you just say to me girl!"

"I asked actually. I asked if your family is okay? And where they must of gone wrong to create a kid like you." You heard the class snigger quietly at your comment. People respected you alot more now. You didn't know if it was because of the mark that burned your skin or if it was because you had genuinely become more confident and didn't stick around to hear the bullshit people had to say.

You felt a hard object hit your head as you fell to the side into neville. You pushed yourself off him apologising as another whack to your head caused you to fall into him yet again.

You quickly reached up grabbing the object before it coukd hit you again. Your fingers gripped around the metal cane the carrow held in their large hand. 

"I think we get the point." You said rather bluntly. Your head bleed onto the books infront of you as neville sat holding you up.

"Let go!" They shouted.

"Y/n. Just let go." Neville replied.

"No. This bitch doesn't get to just HIT ME LIKE THAT!"

"I can do whatever I want. I'm the teacher here." They replied just as snappy. You felt their free hand grip the back of your robes pulling you from your seat. "We'll see how Snape appreciates this behaviour "

You sighed as the carrows shoved you down the halls towards the head masters office. You hadn't really spoken to Snape since coming back and tried your best to avoid him but you'd just had enough of watching your friends be beaten for being good.

You stood infront of snapes desk as he relaxed in his chair, his hands in his lap.

"This bitch tried to stop me whacking her."

"Because I was bleeding over my books one more and I'll probably of died."

"Don't be so dramatic. And that wouldnt be the worst thing."

"Both of you stop. Thank you professors carrow. You can leave now"

"But" They stuttered

"leave." Snape repeated.

You stood holding the whole in the side of your head this the sleeve of your robe hoping it might stop bleeding.  You caught the reflection fo yourself in a glass cabinet behind Snape, the left side of your face covered in dry blood.

"Why do you do this to yourself?" Snape asked before proforming some sort of spell to heal your head.

"I did no such thing. They use me as an example and I was fed up with it." You argued.

"You're a smart girl. Figure out another way to keep your friends safe that doesn't involve you getting scars every other day." He replied calmly.

"For got shake Snape. They're insane what ever I do I'll end up dead."

"Don't be so dramatic." He laughed.
You simply rolled your eyes. You thought school was going to be bad but not this bad.