Thirty four

As the next morning rolled around, you managed to pull your fragile body out of bed. Your eyes puffy from crying the night before.

You never found malfoy, you went looking everywhere he could of possibly been but he was no where. You ended up coming home and reading a few pages with hermione before completly breaking down to her. Everything that had happened recently really had taken a toll on you.

It wasn't until breakfast that morning you finally saw draco, he looked just a ruff as you did, his knuckles white and clenched along with his jaw. His eyes dark and scary as he searched the room for you.

You sat in between harry and hermione as you three watched Ron eat way too much for a boy his size.

"Hey y/n can we speak for a minute?" Malfoy asked standing nervously behind you. Hermione gave you a small nod before you stood taking dracos hand. He led you to a quiet corner before brushing his hand through his messy hair. You  grabbed his wrist pulling his hand to your eyes.

"Jesus draco. Did you punch a wall?" You asked examining his bruised knuckles. He quickly pulled his hand back, shoving it into his robes.

"It doesn't matter. How are you?" He asked changing the subject.

"Been better. Where were you yesterday?" You said bluntly.

"Detention. I told you that."

"Bullshit malfoy. I went looking for you, everywhere. Now tell me. Where were you?"

"For Fuck say y/l/n I don't really think it's any of your business." He said, his face full of anger as he began to walk away.

"Draco. We're meant to be in this together." Your voice was barely above a whisper.

"Yeah Well. I never asked for that okay? Some stuff is better done alone." And just like that malfoy had left you standing alone in the corner of the great hall. You sighed trying to think of what the hell just happened before returning to the table with the others.

"That look heated." Ron laughed.

"Ronald." Hermione hissed.

"Yeah Well." You replied quietly.

"What happened?" Harry asked.

"I'm not sure." You answered honestly. Something was obviously wrong with draco.

It was that same day you decided to follow draco, night fall had come quicker than usual. The midnight moon shining over the castle as you stepped quietly, trying not to be seen by draco or anyone else for that matter.

He has never snapped like that before, to you at least and you weren't about to let it ruin everything the two of you had together.

As you turned the last corridor, your feet stopped in their tracks as your eyes watched painfully as malfoy opened the door to the room of requirements.

You mind ached with theories of why he'd ever need to go in there, why he wouldn't tell you about it.

You followed behind him, grabbing the door just before it clicked shut, you snuck behind draco, hiding behind a pile of books. The room looked different from the last time you were here, it was filled with useless junk, every step you took something was in your way. A bird would fly over your head every so oftern causing you to duck and hide.

You watched carefully as draco pulled a sheet away from a large black object, it looked like a cupboard of sorts. Your mind instantly going back to your farthers diary. It was the vanishing cabinet.

You took a step closer to observe under better light what draco malfoy might be up to but you accidentally stood on a glass cup, you whinced as it shattered, the noise echoing off the walls catching malfoys attention. He spun around as you quickly fell to the floor, hiding.

"Who's there?" He called out, his wand tightly wrapped in his hand. You stood slowly raising your hands, you hadn't noticed but when you fell to the floor you had dug your hands into the broke glass, splitting your palms.

"Y/n?" He called out again.

"Yes." You sighed stepping over the piles of rubbish, finally standing infront of draco. His eyes went straight to your bloody hands, he forced you to sit down on a broken sofa as he stood towering over you.

"What are you doing here?" He asked rather pissed off.

"Could ask you the same thing." You replied just as angry.

"God sake y/n. Cut the bullshit please."

"Well since you asked so kindly."

You watched draco sigh yet again, his face screwed up in pain.

"Your farther didn't sort out your task did he?" You mind finally clicked as to why draco would be here, you remembered back to the diary yet again. Your farther had written about a sister cabinet in a shop down in a ruffer part of diagon ally.

"No." He said before brushing his hand through his soft hair.

"What have you been asked to do?"

"Fix this shitty thing." He said turning and kicking the box infront of you.

"Is that it? Why would they want this crap fixed?"

"Well...if I can fix it then the death eaters have a way into hogwarts. And... The dark lord wants me to kill... dumbledore." He added breathlessly.

"Kill...the head teacher? You can't do that!"

"I have no choose y/n. He's going to come back for you, for information if I don't do this!"

"Draco he'll come back no matter what you do...don't throw your life away for me."

"But...you are my life y/n... I can't put you through that. Even if this is a trick it might not be. And I'm not going to take that risk." You stood, your heart beating at speeds it never beaten before. Hearing draco call you his life melted your heart but the idea of him becoming a murderer sent chills down your spin.

You quickly embraced him, he was so young, so innocent. Draco malfoy was nothing more then a high school bully, he didn't have a murderous bone in his body.

He nested his head into your neck, his face covered by your hair as he whispered softly.

"God I love you."

"Did you just say you love me?" You replied smiling so Brightly, you could of probably light up the whole room.

"Yes." He laughed into the Base of your neck, his soft breathing sending yet again another chill down your spin.

"You've never said that before." You finally said before squeezing him even tighter.

"Im sorry about breakfast." He added.

"It's okay draco...I'm always going to be here for you. And I'm going to help you get through this okay?"

You felt a tear fall from his eye, sinking into your skin. His body began to shake as you held him as tightly as you could, you even questioned if you might of been suffocating him. He really didn't deserve this and to know he was doing it to help you just broke you heart that little bit more.

"Shhh." You hummed, placing your free hand in his hair.

"I love you y/n y/l/n." He repeated through tears.

"I love you too draco malfoy."