Thirty two

School had finally started back up again, classes were in motion and so was all the chaos that came with being at hogwarts.

It was late one evening, everyone had gathered in the great hall to study the new potion recipes the new teacher had given out.

Harry sat on your right while draco sat on your left. hermione, Ron and blaise sat opposite. It was awkward to study with both gryffindor and slytherin students but everyone made it work.

It had been a while now. As the clock edged closer to midnight you rested your head on your arms closing your eyes to the sound of Potter explaining rather rudely to blaise how he's doing it wrong. Your faced towards draco as he wrote down some notes, he smiled at you before stroking your head, malfoy quickly went back to his work when Ron gave him an uneasy stare.

Your mind began to drift off, the gentle sound of quills to paper filling your ears.

"Ah. Malfoy. Y/l/n. Great to see you two again" the dark lord said calmly. He sat behind that same oak table as the first time you met him. His head hung high as he shook both your hands. Draco stood infront of you ever so slightly.

"Now. I'm sure you know I'm going to be needing you two. This year at hogwarts."

"No." You said just as calmly, challenging voldermort.

"No?" He laughed, which sent shivers down your spine. "No!" The dark lord screamed. "You will do as you're told child. And you'll learn to stop questioning me!"

"I'm not questioning you sir. I'm simply declining the offer."

"There is no offer!" He continued to scream over the growing warmth in the room. Draco watched as the fire behind voldermort grew along with yous and the dark Lords joint anger.

"I didn't ask for this."

"Yes you did!"

"Y/n...stop." Draco hissed over his shoulder finally silencing you. You realised that if you didn't shut up now you wouldn't survive the rest of the meeting. You couldnt help but feel the anger burning inside you, you could feel voldermorts lust for power over taking you, making you do things you never thought you would.

"Right. Now if youre done. Like I was saying. Y/l/n. I've heard you're quite good friends with the Potter boy and his gang." Voldermort continued as he strolled around the room, his snake following him slowly.

"Yes sir." You replied, as draco elbowed you.

"Great.  I want you to tell me everything about them." You felt the air get stuck in your throat as the dark lord turned his gaze back to you.

"No. I'm not betraying my friend sir." You replied as confidently as you could.

"Well. I'm guessing you'd rather him then them right?" He said pointing his wand at draco. You watched as the dark lord forced draco onto the floor, his screams filling the room as he curled into a Ball of pain. You stared down at malfoy as he shook his head, he didn't want you to give in. You looked back up at the dark lord trying to push dracos soul crushing screams from your mind.

You felt his pain in your chest as malfoy accidently opened up to you, you knew he didn't know your powers exsisted but you couldnt help but feel angry he was choosing now to let you in. He was weakened so you didn't let the anger sit for long.

You stood for as long as you could before you too were on the floor next to draco. His heart breaking inside yours under the pain.

"Fine." You shouted over the tears that streamed down both your faces. Malfoy took a big gasp of air as he sat up, you doing the same as the dark lord finally let go of his connection. Your eyes avoiding voldermorts as much as you could.

"Good. Now leave. I need a minute with mr malfoy alone." You felt your body be picked up off the floor and being pushed out through a door way all on its own. You quickly stood up as the door slammed in your face, locking shut.

"DRACO!" You screamed banging on the hard oak that matched the table inside. "DRACO?" You called again as a scream filled the locked room. "DRACO!"

"y/n? Wake up!" A voice said inches from your ear. You quickly pulled your self up, rubbing your eyes that were soaking wet.

Everyone around the table sat staring at you blankly, you could see the concern that filled Harry's eyes as he rested his arm on your shoulder. Draco had slipped his hand into yours and was squeezing it tightly.

"Bloody hell y/n, are you okay?" Ron asked from across the table. You lifted your hand to your forehead feeling the sweat that had risen.

"Yeah...I'm okay?" You said, questioning yourself a little.

"What was your dream about?" Harry Potter chimed in.

"Uh I don't remember?" You lied. You felt draco stand from the bench next to you. He had taken his robes off and wrapped them around you, you were shivering and sweating at the same time but you hadn't really noticed.

"I'm going to take her to bed." Malfoy said bluntly before guiding you out of the great hall. Your eyes caught a few other students who had began to stare at you as you stumbled out the room, dracos arm wrapped around your waist to keep you upright.

"Y/n? Care to explain." He said rather calmly.

"Sorry. It's just ever since that meeting. Since I heard your screams I just can't unhear them." Your head dropped as draco pulled you round a corner. You stood under a staircase that lead up towards the gryffindor common room.

Malfoy took your hands in his, squeezing then tightly before kissing both knuckles.

"Y/n I'm here. I'm okay, you're okay, we're okay. We're going to get through this." He whispered through a fake smile.

"I know. I just don't ever want to hear you like that again, it felt like my heart was shattering into a million peices." You admitted.

"It was no better for me princess. Hearing you call my name like you did, I just wanted to tell you I was okay. " He quickly kissed your cheek before beginning to drag you up the moving stair cases.

"Draco?"

"Hmm."

"What did...voldermort want with you?" Your voice was barely audible

"Don't worry okay, my father has sorted it out for me." He lied. You stood at the painting that lead to the common room. Draco a step lower than you, finally standing at the same height as one another. He quickly kissed your lips before turning away.

"I'm okay really y/n. As long as you're here and safe I'll always be okay. I'll get us out of this. I promise." He whispered through a heavy voice, you could tell and feel the emotions radiating off him, you could sense how he didn't believe his own words, it was like he was trying to convince himself of it too.

"I know dee. You're going to get me the world." You smiled sweetly before opening the door and leaving him on the stairs.

This year was going to be difficult but you felt like draco was right. As long as you were both safe you'd both be okay.

As long as you were together.