Four

"So you and Potter?" Draco finally said. It had been quiet for a while. He didn't want to be seen so you took the back entrance so no one saw you two together.

"What about us?" You asked amused.

"Well he has a crush on you doesn't he? I never see you two eating each others faces?" You watched as malfoy played with his fingers.

"Yes he does. But I don't like him that way. He's a great friend but can I really love someone who doesn't believe me?" You replied finally.

"Believe you?" Draco quizzed.

"He says he's uncomfortable with me justifying syltherin. All because he was told most wizards go bad, if they're in that house."

"Justify us?"

"I don't know. I have good stories to tell about syltherin, yet they're never believed." Your voice was low.

"Do tell." Draco placed his hand on your shoulder brushing off the dust, that had collected on your jumper as you sneaked through the hallways.

"Well for one, my mother use to take me to her reunion. The one where her year group would meet. My father would also come because he was the same year as her. The syltherins would great me with open arms, calling me one of their own. While gryffindor gave me the cold shoulder. Would say I'm a bastard child. My father was always telling them he was under a spell from my mother."

"Well, we aren't all evil. Do you ever wish you weren't in gryffindor then?" He asked politely.

"No offence. No. If I was put into your house draco, my dad would of murdered me too." It was getting morbid now.

You began to pick up pace, running down the great Hill. "Race you!" You shouted over your shoulder to malfoy who was now running too. You watched as draco over took you. You reached out grabbing the back of his robe, tugging at it. Draco tripped and began to roll down the hill and before you could stop yourself you also stumbled and fell landing right ontop of malfoy. He began to laugh so hard tears streamed down his face.

"Your way of winning a race is getting us both killed?" He cried out.

"God you're so dramatic" you blushed pulling yourself up, then offering your hand to draco. He took it standing to his feet.

"Right then. I have a gift for you" Draco strolled towards a bush outside the pitch. It was a long parcel wrapped in green paper.

"What is it?" You asked taking the large package.

"Open it and you'll find out, idiot." Malfoy replied sitting down on a rock.

You began to rip it open. It was a Broom.  It was big and old but seemed like a good brand.

"Malfoy...?" You asked a little confused. You twisted the Broom in between your fingers until you found a dent in the wood. It was a name carved into it. Your mother's.

"Oh my merlin" you whispered. This was your mum's favourite Broom. The one your dad claimed to have burnt a long time ago. "Draco how did you.. Where did you?" Emotions were racing through your body.

"My dad isn't all that bad. Your mum left us a few things for you, when she got the feeling a storm was coming-" you didn't let draco finish before you wrapped your arms around his neck squizing hard. He embraced you back quickly before stepping out of the hug. "You're freezing?" He asked. A question he already knew the answer to. And before you could reply, you watched draco remove his robe wrapping it around you. A gryffindor wearing syltherin robes. Ironic at most.

"Right then hop on" Draco insisted on using your mother's Broom and you didn't protest. Like before, you threw your leg over the Broom stick, holding dracos waist once again. He looked over his shoulder smiling at you before taking off into the sunset. You flew about the lake and then above the castle. People down below completely unaware of your presence.

Malfoy swooped back around to the pitch.

"The box?!" He shouted over the wind that raced through both ofyour hairs. You reached for your bag and opened it, pulling out your mother. Malfoy watched carefully as you sprinkled her ashes throughout the sky.

It was a magnificent feeling, the warm air mixed with the cold breeze of an autumn night, the warmth of dracos hand in yours and his robes wrapped tightly around you. His hand squeezed yours as you let go the final pieces of you mum. He began to settle the Broom on the floor. You hadn't noticed till now that a few tears had escaped your eyes throughout the trip.

"that was-" you began

"magical?" Draco finished.

"Yeah." You whispered, it was good to know draco didn't find the experience weird. He had no reason too, your mother treated him with nothing but kindness, when no one else did.

After a while you realised dinner was still on. Draco offered to walk you home but you insisted on being alone, he'd done too much for you already. As you entered the hall everyones mouths dropped. Everyone was staring wide eyed at you as you walked towards Ron and harry. As promised Ron had saved a few bits of meat and a cake for you.

"What the fuck...y/n?" Ron said as he shoved a tart into his mouth.

"What Ron?" You asked nervously as you sat down.

"Those aren't your robes..." Harry whispered.

You realised you were wearing dracos robes still. You searched around the room and found malfoy sitting with his idiot of friends robeless. You hoped no one made the connection.

"Oh. They were my mother's" you replied smoothly. You removed them quickly, folding them neatly on the table.

"Oh, her ashes arrived then?" Harry said embracing you.

"Yeah this morning actually."

"So what did you do?" Ron asked.

"Uh I went for a fly and sprinkled them across the grounds." The conversation died a little.

"Wait so you didn't go to detention with malfoy? Why would he lie and say you were?" Ron laughed.

"Oh my god. You went with malfoy! Those are his robes!" Hermione chimed in. When did she get there?

"What no!?" You shouted.

"Yes he was the one in bed with you. It wasn't your Broom!" Hermione laughed shoving you.

"It's not really your business Hermione" Harry added.

"No but...why malfoy?" Ron asked.

"He knew my mother. Asked to join. He knew the stories I told were true unlike some people." Your eyes grew sadder as they locked with malfoys. You watched him begin to stand but shook you head. He didn't need to fight your battles everytime your feeling were hurt a little.

"Fair enough. I bet he just made it worse all those useless insults" Ron spoke again.

"Mm hmm yep" you replied still staring at malfoy. He wasn't all that bad. He just didn't have anyone to show him what was good.