Seventeen

As summer faded as quickly as it began you found yourself sitting in a small café in hogsmeade. You spent the month out in town instead of at home with your dad, sometimes meeting up with hermione or neville. It was time to enter fifth year, you sat back sipping on the coffee slowly, your eyes attached to the front door as people came and went. The whole world running around enjoying the heat while you sat down in the back corner of an old shop.

You eyes quickly pulled away as you saw the familiar face of Pansy enter the coffee shop, she was hitting flint playfully shortly being followed by malfoy and blaise laughing together. You quickly dipped your head down avoiding their gaze in hopes they didn't see you. Unlucky for you Pansy did. She came skipping your way as she planted herself on the sofa opposite you.

"Hey y/l/n" she smiled. You watched her take your coffee sipping it. "Don't mind do you?" She laughed waving over the others. You quickly rolled your eyes before snatching the mug back off her.

"Actually I do." You said annoyed.

"Oo sorry. Flint look who it is." She said side glancing at you.

"Yoo hey y/l/n. Long time no see" He smirked sitting next to pansy.

"Yep." You smiled politely towards him.

"Did you hear that April chick left? Bummer." Blaise laughed pulling a chair up to the coffee table. He spun it around sitting backwards.

"Yeah maybe because you all beat her up." You tried not to laugh at the face blaise pulled.

"Pansy we told you to stop doing that." Malfoy huffed taking the only free seat next to you. "Oi zabini go get us some butter beer" He said shoving some money into zabini hand.

"All five of us?" He questioned.

"No I'm good." You said. Taking dracos money didn't sit right.

"Yes all five." Draco contradicted you.

"Sooo y/n...why you here alone?" Pansy laughed staring at you as blaise stood from his chair, making a fuss as he headed towards the bar.

"Better than being at home." You replied softly. Malfoy face fell a little as you sighed. "Anyway its not like I can judge people at home" everyone laughed a little as you shifted uncomfortably in the chair.

"True true. Where's your gryffindork friends?" Flint quizzed.

"I don't know. They don't tell me."

"What a nice bunch of people." Zabini had returned. A tray full of butter beer. Malfoy reached up taking two glasses, turning to hand you one. You whispered thank you before taking a sip. He laughed as you pulled the mug away with a moustache from the beer. He raised his thumb whipping it away before looking around to see if anyone noticed however Pansy was too busy making fun of zabini to care.

"We're heading down to do some back to school shopping. Care to join?" Pansy sat up clapping her hands together.

"Um. No I'm good, thank you though." The awkwardness grew within the group as everyone but you began to stand to leave.

"Alright your loss. See you next week y/n" Flint laughed before leaving. You sat at the empty table staring at the four empty beer glasses as the group left the café. Malfoy turned and smiled at you before the door clicked shut behind him. You sat back breathing in a deep breath that you seemed to have been holding for the 30 minutes the group sat with you.

They all meant well but you had a nagging feeling they were doing it for other reasons then to be nice.

A week had passed, your bags all packed as you made your way alone to kings cross. Your farther making a lame excuse not to say goodbye, not that you cared but you did miss your mum's bear tight hugs right before you ran through the wall. 

On the platform you quietly gave your bags to a staff member before strolling down the platform towards an open door. Your eyes caught with Harry's as he waved you over however right behind him stood a group of syltherins who also waved over to you.

You quickly strolled over to Harry embracing him, you had to make sure he didn't think you were bad, so you climbed aboard with him, Ron and hermione as they found a compartment to sit in.

"How was your summer?" Ron questioned.

"Average." You replied.

"Why were a few syltherins calling you over outside?" Hermione said sitting up a little.

"Oh uh I'm friends with a few?" Your voice was unsure. You didn't know exactly what to call them.

"Why in God's name would you be friends with...them?" Harry laughed.

"They're good people." You argued.

"Yeah okay." The carriage filled with silence as your stared out harry, his eyes piercing through yours. "You should be careful. People will start to untrust you"

You stood from your seat opening the sliding door as the trio stared at you in confusion. "Thanks harry, I'll go tell them that,  I can no longer be friends because I don't want a bad reputation." You sighed before closing the door again. Being dramatic was extra but sometimes it was the only way to get across that you were physically upset.

As your strolled towards the back of the train to where the syltherins usally sat, you stopped yourself. You questioned if this was really a good idea, being friends with people everyone hated.

You quickly shook that thought as your mind remembered the way your mum was caring over you just like Pansy was the first time you sat down at the table.

You slowly slid open the carriage door before strolling over to where a platinum blonde hair boy and his friends sat.

"Woah. Y/l/n what...uh- wanna sit?" Zabini stuttered shifting closer to the window, giving you a small amount of area to sit. You quickly slid in next to zabini smiling softly.

"Thought you were with Potter?" Malfoy interrupted.

"I was but he can be a dick."

"And you only just realised that." Crabbe laughed a few seats away. You felt a small smile pull at your lips as everyone around sniggered at his comment.

"What he do?" Blaise said pulling your attention back to him.

"Said I should be careful. Being friends with you could make people begin to untrust me. Not that he ever trusted me in the first place."

"Oh yeah your mum was a syltherin yeah?"

"Yeah." You nodded

"Hmm don't worry y/l/n for as far as it goes, we trust you. Don't we malfoy?" Your eyes trailed up draco who sat incredibly still, his hair falling over his eyes, he was wearing a black suit that had absolutely no creases in.

"Yeah." He smirked before turning his head back to the window.