Twenty seven

It was late when everyone finally made it back to hogwarts. Some staying behind with the order.

Your body still weak from the disconnection earlier, your feet guiding you straight down to the dungeons. Your head spinning as tears rushed from your eyes.

You stood outside screaming dracos name, hoping he'd hear you. You didn't deserve his company right now but you didn't want to be near anyone else. Ever since you woke back up surrounded by adults concerned over your wellbeing, you wanted nothing more than to be in dracos arms.

You had hurt him deeply but he was the only person you loved who was still alive anymore.

You stood back as the painting clicked open from the inside. Malfoy stood half asleep, he was in sweats and a white t-shirt, he rubbed his eyes as you threw yourself around him.

He stood motionless as you screamed into his shoulder.

"Woah woah what the fuck is going on right now? Is this some sorta guilt trip thing?" Draco asked pushing you away. His hands wrapped around your arms just below the shoulder. His eyes examining you, his face fell a little when he saw just how broken you were.

"What the hell happened to you?" He asked breathlessly. You said nothing but cried. Your whole world felt like it had ended. Your dad could give you up any minute to the dark lord, now he's back and your best friends dad helped kill your mum.

After your outburst at the slytherin common room, draco had taken you for a walk. You both ended up down by the river, the moon shining Bright above you. You hadn't said a word since he opened the door. His scarf wrapped around you tightly as his hand rested In yours. You walked hand in hand before sitting under a willow tree.

"Alright. What happened? tell me." He demanded. You shuffled closer placing your head on his shoulder. Words struggled to come out as he sighed, his arm wrapped around you as you began to cry again.

"My dad...he's a death eater. He, he...held me captive when I went to help harry save his God farther but it was a trap. The dark lord trapped us..my dad helped kill Harry's God farther and I did nothing, I just collapsed in a heap. And the worst thing is I wanted to believe my dad was good, I still loved him even after my mother...I wanted him to be good, I wanted to have hope . But then I saw my mum draco...she came to me in a dream. However I remember nothing from the moment harry screamed to when I turned up outside your door."

"Woah woah. Slow down." He laughed sadly. His eyes were sad, not that you could see, Your head was burried in his chest. "Your dad?" He asked. You nodded."And that's why he killed your mum?" You nodded again.

"Your dad helped him..."

"He did what?"

"He told him everything she told him"

"y/n...why do you trust me right now...if my farther helped destroy your life?"

"Did you just call me y/n?" You asked suprised.

"Yeah...I did." Draco blushed.

"You dad told me you had nothing to do with it. And for one, I want to believe that. And two." You paused, pulling away. You sat up staring at dracos innocent eyes before saying.

"Draco malfoy. I belive you...because I am hopelessly in love with you. And lying to you earlier hurt me so badly. I trust you. I really do..I just don't trust myself. I don't trust that you're going to survive to see next week if you hang out with me."

"You...love me?" You could tell how breathless malfoy had become.

"Yes. And I don't know why. I fell for you that moment you danced with me at the ball, even if it was a bet."

"I...it was a bet...but I honestly entered myself into it because I wanted to dance with you...I wanted you." He whispered.

"Draco. I'm not expecting you to admit you have feelings for me. I just had to tell you." You felt his hand cup your chin, his thumb skimming your lip slightly, you smiled under his touch, completely forgetting how shit your day had been.

"Y/n...I like you too. Every inch of you. And I'm not going anywhere." He said before placing a soft kiss on your lips. A smile tugging at both your faces as draco kissed you again and again. His hands tightly around you as if he let go, you might run away.

You both sat back against the tree. A tear falling from your eyes.

"God am I that bad of a kisser?" He teased.

"No...today has been so shit and I just didn't deserve that." You replied smiling a little at his joke.

"Y/n. You deserve alot more than a few kisses from me and if I could give you the world I would. One day maybe." Draco kissed your ring before you placed your head back on his chest. His breathing steady. Your hand in his as he began to hum. The stars Miles above glowing down on the two of you as draco helped you finally fall asleep, putting all your traumas to bed for now.

You really did love him.