Twelve

The next morning you awoke, only to presume you were still up on the astronomy tower.  This time however you were alone. Your wand still thrown to the side of you, the wind rushed through your hair as you sat up in a daze. The weather had changed dramatically from the warm sunlight that fell the day cedric died. Now it was bitter and dark.

You stretched out, picking up you wand. Your clothes slightly damp from the obvious cold wind that swept over you while you layed spaced out on the floor.

A little confused you started to descend the stairs, following the large amounts of students who travelled towards the great hall. You assumed it must be breakfast. You took your seat at the gryffindor table as everyone began to stare at you. It wasnt until now that your realised how greasy your hair must of looked, the dark circles that lingered under your eyes and the way your clothes all seemed to miss match each other, like you some how got dressed in the dark.

Incredibly thirsty you reached for a bottle of water chugging it down, then another, then another. You were completely drained.

"Oh my god" a voice called a little to loudly behind you.  Your head spun as arms wrapped around the back of you, embracing your fragile body. You could recognise the smell of mint anywhere. Hermione. "Where have you been?" She began, sitting next to you. She took your hands in hers, examining the nearly faded bruises from when you punched a few walls on the way to the astronomy tower.

"Uh..." You began but was quickly cut of by Ron and harry both embracing you.

"Bloody hell, you look like shit." Ron said sitting infront of you. He loaded a plate with food before pushing it towards you, nodding down. You picked up a fork with your shaky hands before trying your best to eat what he had given you.

"Well it has been 4 days." Harry sulked. He looked up at you from next to Ron, as if he knew he rolled yet another bottle of water your way.

"Four days?" You choked as you put a mouthful of potatoes in your mouth, you realised it was dinner time and everyone seemed so much more relaxed today.

"Yeah it's the weekend. You completely skipped a whole week of school." Harry spat harshly before giving you an apologetic stare.

"No?" You whispered barely audible.

"Yes!" hermione added."Now tell us where you've been? You missed cedric funeral!" She cried a little too loudly.

You held back the anger growing in your throat as you scanned the room for malfoy. He turned in shock to see you before glaring darkly your way. He spun back around slowly not removing eye contact.

As you began to walk back to the common room with the trio you explained everything, you could remember .

"So malfoy was with you?" Ron asked.

"Yes." You replied bluntly.

"Are you sure?".

"Yes Ronald. I'm sure she's sure. I saw him argue with your dad when he wouldn't let draco by." Hermione added putting her hand on your shaky shoulder.

"Yeah I saw him run after you too. Seems like malfoy to leave you there for a week though."

"Maybe you imagined all the times he was nice." Ron said playfully as harry giggled along with him.

"I need a shower." You blurted. So much was going on, the last thing you wanted to do was be around people.

As you left the trio heading towards the girls bathroom, you felt a familiar hand stop you.

"Where you been y/l/n?" The voiced crackled behind you. Your ears burned as you spun around to see malfoy standing above you with blaise and crabbe.