Thirty five

A week had passed since draco admitted to what he was challenged with, the whole situation still left you feeling uneasy. Something about killing someone who didn't deserve it didn't sit right.

Draco and you had discussed who would do it, you offered yourself up countless times but draco shut you down without hesitation, he claimed he never wanted you involved in the first place so there was no way he was going to let you go down for his mistakes.

It was early one morning, you and draco had decided to go with different people to hogsmeade.

You, harry, Ron, hermione and neville all went together while draco claimed he was going with a few slytherin boys.

"So. Y/n. You and draco okay now?" Harry asked across the small table the five of you sat behind. Ginny had gone to get drinks for the table.

You thought for a minute on what to say, draco suggested the two of you kept up the fight so if it came down to it no one suspected you.

"Uh. No not really. He's just going through a moment." You admitted. Your hands rubbed together trying to warm up, you felt harry cup your hands in between his, doing the same. You smiled sweetly up at him as he attempted to warm your freezing fingers.

"I'm sure he'll come around." Hermione added. You nodded as you finally pulled your hands free from Harry's, grabbing the mug Ginny was passing around the table. You felt your coat sleeve slip for a second, completely forgetting the mark that scared your skin.

You felt Harry's heavy eyes on yours as you quickly pulled the sleeve back down. His face was more sad then angry, you could feel the worry radiating off him as he let you know how he felt. Considering harry was the only person who knew about your skill, he sure liked to use it against you.

You squared your shoulder, sending a shiver back down Harry's spine breaking his concentration. His face a picture as he realised you had just told him how you felt. You sat back in the chair uncomfortably. The whole thing was weird.

After a while everyone began to pair off, some wanting to go buy sweets and others wanting to go visit the shrieking shack again. It was just you and harry left at the table, exactly how you expected it to end up. His eyes were heavy on yours as you shifted slightly opposite him.

His arm quickly reached out across the table grabbing your wrist. He pulled the sleeve up revealing the brand on your pale skin. You sat powerless as harry turned your arm over, exaiming the mark.

"Can you please let go?" You asked calmly. There was no need to flip out on him. Yeah he invaded your privacy but it was going to come out soon. "And I swear to God harry, if you keep sending me how your feeling in going to hex you right here." You felt the disappointment leave your body as harry Potters eyes moved back to yours, he had done what you asked, he had let go of your hand and had shut himself off.

"Thank you." You mumbled taking a sip of the butter beer Ron left.

"How long?" He asked shyly.

"Since summer."

"okay...okay."

"Why are you not mad?"

"Because. I can feel the sadness in you, without having powers y/n. You didn't ask for this did you?" You shook your head."Did malfoy-"

"Don't finish that sentence. Harry, he had no idea. He was out."

"Out?"

"My farther had taken me to the malfoy manor for dinner. Claimed it was two families bonding over young love. Should of know hey. Well instead I was pushed into a room with the dark lord. I don't remember much after that."