Twenty

Morning came all too soon, you laughed as you thought about how much time you actually spend in bed. As you stretched your arms, reaching above your head you hit something.

You quickly sat up to see what you hand had managed to reach. Draco sat on the arm rest of the sofa, he smiled at you as you watched him carefully.

"Sorry if I woke you." He said laughing a little before standing up. He walked over to where a bottle of water was placed bringing it back to you. "Here, drink this" He said basically shoving the bottle into your hand. You had to admit you still felt very drunk. A blanket was wrapped around your body and a pillow was where you layed your head, you tried to rack your brain to remember when you went to sleep but nothing.

"Thanks." You mouthed before chugging the bottle down, the cold water burning your dry throat. You let out a small cough finishing the bottle. Draco stayed standing against the fireplace watching you. "What?" You asked, a bit self conscious as he stared down at you.

"Uh..." He began a bit nervously. "I got you a gift." He said smiling a bit awkwardly as he shifted his body weight.

"When the hell did you have time for that?" He laughed as you made space for him next to you on the sofa.

"Well you're a pretty heavy sleeper. You fell asleep around 12:30 so I got a blanket, then went out. " You blushed a little at the idea of draco malfoy tucking you into bed. You shifted a little to the left as draco sat down on your right. His hands shaking as he held the neatly wrapped box in his hands. You took it from him, skimming his hands yet again, feeling the butterflies in your stomach.

"Thank you." You said again before opening the box slowly. Dracos eyes burned on you as you pulled the neat green bow that kept the box shut. As you opened it your mouth dropped.

A small gold ring sat inside the black box. The ring wrapped around into a pattern of a snake, green emeralds for eyes. You stared in awe at the beautiful peice of jewellery infront of you. You quickly pulled it out putting it on your ring finger, it fit perfectly. The emeralds glowing under the dim light of the common room. The snake wrapping it's self around your finger. You sighed at how beautiful it was.

"I-" you began. "I love it." You quickly threw your arms around dracos neck, squeezing hard. This was one of the best birthday presents you had received in a while.

"It's from everyone. My idea but everyone chipped in." Draco slowly put his arms around you back hugging you softly. You felt the tears pluck in your eyes as you took in his scent.

"Thank you malfoy." You said before pulling away examining the ring again.

"Now you really are one of us." He said holding his hand out too. You had never noticed before but draco wore a similar ring to the one he had bought you however his was alot more masculine. Your smile growing in size. "Pansy has a snake necklace. Blaise as an earring and flint had a pin he wears on his tie." You let out an inaudible noise at the idea of having matching jewellery with a group of friends. For the first time in a long time you felt like you belonged somewhere.

"This is so cool!" You shouted standing up a little too fast. Draco quickly followed grabbing your arm to steady you. You both laughed as you stood in gryffindor robes. You forgot to change before coming here last night.

"I wish we could sort this out." Draco said pulling on your tie that had been undone for a while now. A frown pulling at his lips.

"Same." You said placing your hand on his, he kept it there wrapped around your tie as he took a deep breath. You quickly removed your hand blushing a little.

"We should go get breakfast." Draco said pulling away from the short distance between the two of you.

"Okay I'll meet you there. Ive got to go shower and change." Malfoy nodded as you began to leave his common room.