Twenty two

You took your seat next to pansy as class began, her eyes constantly attached to your bloody hand, you haven't had time to clean it yet.

Draco fell into his chair opposite you sighing as Snape passed round some sorta love potion. You weren't allowed to make them till next year but Snape still wanted to teach everyone what they could do.

Flint quickly grabbed the amortentia from hermione sniffing it.

"God I have no idea what that smells like." He huffed.

"Pass it here you idiot." You said reaching across the table. Flint carefully placed it in your hand. You moved forward taking a sniff as the whole class fell quiet. Everyone's eyes on you.

"Well..." Snape asked standing just beside your table.

"Uh... I can smell... Cologne....and...apples." You said finally after taking another sniff. You heard whispers throughout the class as the bottle was passed to draco, pansy deciding to skip.

"Well malfoy? We don't have all day." Snape moaned as draco examined the bottle carefully. He placed it under his nose breathing in deeply.

"Nothing." He said quickly before passing it over to luna. He sat back uncomfortably as flint began to make fun of him.

"Nothing really?" He laughed. Dracos eyes fell on you as he rolled them.

"Flint. I swear a few seconds ago you were claiming too it didn't work." You quickly butted in.

"Well at least I didn't smell apples. Who the hell smells like apples!" You laughed as flint began to ramble on about how unfair this was and how love clearly wasn't real. You could feel your cheeks blushing as malfoy kept his gaze on you.

You didn't want to admit it but your heart sank a little when draco explained he didn't smell anything. You really wanted to know.

"Apples?" Pansy whispered to you as everyone else got lost in conversation. You shrugged before feeling the apple that sat in your robe pocket from earlier. You hadn't eaten it yet. You eyes quickly switched back to draco who was still awkwardly looking your way.

"No..." You mumbled under your breath. A smile tugged at his lips as if he heard you. "Oh come on." You sighed before turning back to the work Snape had set.

"So it's your birthday?" Harry said awkwardly as you took your seat next to him in dada.  You simply nodded before taking out your useless book, professor umbridge had given out first day back. You felt Harry's eyes on your left hand as you began to open the book next to him.

"The scar doesn't fade." He said showing you his. "Not yet anyway." He mumbled as you continued to flick through the book ignoring him. Harry quickly turned in his seat so he was facing you. Lucky for the both of you, umbridge had placed you towards the back.

"Look. I'm sorry about this morning. I didn't mean to treat you like that." You kept your eyes on the page, pretending to read it. Harry continued ignoring the fact you were ignoring him. "I really am sorry. I didn't know it was your birthday."

You lifted your head, copying harry as you turned in your seat to face him too. You put your elbow on the table before resting your head on your hand. You stared at him trying to read his expression. He look genuine as he sat awkwardly next to you.

"It's okay." You stuttered after an awkward amount of time. You watched as harry took a deep breath that he had been holding it in. "However an apology doesnt do much Potter." You voice was full of confidence, the complete opposite of the way you were feeling.

"What?" He asked quickly, his eyes flickered to the front of the class to see if umbridge had noticed the two of you talking but she hadn't.

"I know you still don't trust me. For as long as I wear this ring..." You said holding out your other hand. "...You won't ever trust me."

"I..." Harry looked hurt by your words but everything was true. As long as you were friends with draco and his group, no one would ever trust you.

"See. I know you have all been hiding secrets from me. I'm not stupid."

"Y/n...I do trust you. I just don't trust malfoy."

"I know." You said bluntly."But just because I'm friends with him it doesn't make me a snake too."

"But why...would you want to be friends with someone who was nothing but mean to you?" Harry's voice shaky. You'd never seen him like this before.

"Because harry. You weren't nice to me either. I knew I was a fourth wheel to your friendship. I never belonged with you lot."

"Y/n... I need to tell you something." He said shyly.

"What?" You said shifting uncomfortably. Harry had grown tense. His chest beating faster than usual.

"I was embarrassed. That you chose him over me. I became self conscious. I turned everyone against you because I was ashamed I wasn't good enough. I always trusted you y/n...I just didn't trust him and I couldn't understand why you'd choose him over me." Harrys body relaxed a little as he spoke way too fast to understand.

"Oh... But...you would never believe me about my mum? What's suddenly changed?" Harry was tense again as he looked down shamefully.

"I found out she wasn't a death eater." He sighed.

"I could of told you that."

"I know but...I just had a feeling"

"I see." You said a little sad that he could ever believe your mum to be such a awful person.

"When cedric died I saw something. Something that showed me the truth. And after everything malfoy did to you, you still went to him"

"I'm not with malfoy. I'm friends with him." You sighed sadly.

"I know you smelt apples in potions earlier. Y/n. I'm not stupid. Besides I smelt fresh flowers and pumpkins." You quickly tensed up. The perfume you used had pumkin spice in it. He was really telling the truth.

"Fine. I'll forgive you if you tell me the truth."

"What?! I have!" He said a little loudly, causing you both to turn to see if umbridge had noticed.

"I know you all are up to something. I'm not stupid. "

"Fine." Harry sighed. He wrote something down before sliding it to you. "Meet me here at 4 and come alone okay?"

"Alright." You smirked before he turned back to his books. You held the note in your hand as harry began the work.