Sixteen

Sunday morning approached slowly, your tired body layed spread out under the covers of your bed. Back in the gryffindor dormitory, you realised how little you had slept for the past few days. Your eyes fixated on the blanket that covered your face as the Sunday morning sun broke rudely through the window to your left.

Shorty after the match yesterday, April had met back up with you in the bathroom. She was crying just a little, sniffing every now and then while the two of you waited to the potions to wear off. You had explained breathlessly still from the match that you thought malfoy knew but told her not to worry because he would pick on your more than he did her. April smiled slightly before crying again. You too were sad that this life was over, being Anderson was probably the most amount of fun you've had in a long time. It only took ten minutes of awkward silence for you to feel your hair grow long, your body grow smaller and your shoes finally fitting again.

Unlucky for you though, you'd managed to keep the awful hangover and the deep dark circles that invaded your eyes. April was back to being herself too, she seemed just as healthy as she was before, she quickly smiled down at you as you sat with your back glued to the wall where the sinks sat just above your head. You watched as April dragged her self out of the bathroom half as happy as yesterday.

You felt someone move in the room around you which caused you to pull the blanket away from your eyes ever so slightly. Hermione was now standing just next to her bed, pulling on some trainers. She was obviously trying not to be seen so you simply rolled over ignoring what she was up to.

As the day dragged out and your head was still spinning, you finally decided to go get some lunch. You'd been awake since 5am but the thought of getting out of bed just didn't sit right with you.

You quickly pulled on some sweat pants that were clean along with a white top that smelled awfully like malfoy for some reason. As you dragged yourself into the great hall, you were thankful only a handful of people had the same idea as you.

You sat yourself down opposite neville and next to seamus as they joked around about yesterday's match.

"You okay y/n?" Nev asked in his soft voice.

"Yeah I'm great."

"Can whip you up some medicine if you need it?"Seamus laughed.

"No I'll pass." You replied giggling at Nevs face. You quickly pulled the ham sandwichs closes to you, stuffing them in.

"Did you see that girl yesterday?" Ginny said excitingly as she sat down with the three of you, causing you to halt the intake of food.

"You mean that April girl?" Seamus smirk, sipping on his tea.

"Yeah crazy right. The speed she fell I thought she was going to die!" Ginny shouted a little to loudly.

"What do you mean?" You asked stretching across the table a little to hear a bit better.

"You were there? Oh anyway what I mean is her Broom must of been so slippy, even harry said there was no way he would of been able to pull himself up in that condition. And when she fell it was like no one could breath, lucky Snape saved her hey?" Ginny was talking at spreads you struggled to understand.

"Woah woah wait a minute. Harry knocked me-her off her Broom in the first place" You argued in defence.

"Did he? It was so cloudy I'm suprised anyone saw anything." She defended. You sat back, your appetite suddenly gone as you stuggled to bite down on an apple. People were being told Snape saved you, turn of avents indeed.

Instead of sticking around to listen to Ginny and her stories you decided it was time for fresh air, as you left the entrance hall out into the courtyard you could feel the summers heat radiating off you. Harry and the others still hadn't come back yet so you decided to spend the summers evening in a field, flowers growing innocently around your ankles as you sank next to a tall tree that kindly guarded you against the blinding sun. Your eyes began to close as the heat took over your body, the day was perfect. Your mind anywhere but tragedy. You thought back to the common room Friday night, the music flowing through you as you attempted to nap.

A few hours had passed, everything was better than this morning, your mind calm, your heart beating steady and your skin freashly burnt. You laughed a little at the nice pain you felt scrunching your nose. The sun had began to leave now, just barely recognisable across the horizon.

"Hey" a voice said above you, they took a bite from an apple before taking a seat next to you on the floor.

"Hello." You replied cautiously. Your heart beat rising again, along with the tension between the two of you.

"So. Gonna tell me why you did something as stupid as that?" The voice was patronising, you knew it was malfoy but you refused to look his way.

"What ever do you mean?"

"Don't be sarcastic with me y/l /n." Draco said, taking another bite from his apple. "Well?"

"it was her idea." The only words that escaped from your dry lips.

"Yeah but why did you agree? April said she didn't even ask you to do it, just asked for the potions."

"God malfoy I don't know."

"You could of got yourself killed you know. You're extremely clumsy, playing quidditch isn't for you." He laughed, throwing the left over apple towards a bunch of birds.

"I'll have you know. I'm a great player." You said quietly. That you were, but the idea of playing didn't intrested you anymore.

"No, didn't you get kicked off the team last summer?" He sniggered.

"No I left because I was too clumsy."

"Oh. Well you played great yesterday before...you know"

"Yeah I do know. And thanks for um saving me malfoy."

"Pleasure was all mine." He smirked as you finally looked up at him.

"How'd you know it was me?"

"April never joins us in the drinking. And I know your voice from anywhere." His smile grew as you twisted your face in annoyance.

"I really tried to sound like her." You huffed.

"Yeah well practice next time princess." He laughed before standing up, pushing the dirt off his robe. "Don't forget to eat tonight. It will help with the hangover still." You watched as he twisted on his heels, striding off back up to the castle.

After dinner you decided it was finally time to find harry. You two had been awkward for a while now and it wasn't good.

"Oh my I'm so sorry." You quickly said as you ran into April outside the great hall. Her head ducked down as she tried to move past you.

"Woah wait." You said grabbing her arm, you looked down at her to see her eyes completely black and her lip slit. "What the hell happened to you?!" You exclaimed.

"Pansy. Now move." She said hastily.

"No tell me now." She looked up at you, hatred plastered over her face.

"They found out all three of them. Draco told flint who told Pansy. They were extremely pissed I let a gryffindor spy on them but they were even more pissed that I put you in danger during the match. Claimed you were better than me and I should just run off back to gryffindor."

"So Pansy beat you up?" You asked quietly.

"Yes. Once flint and draco left for bed she jumped me."

"I'm so sorry April." You began before she chimed in.

" it's fine I'm leaving after this year anyway. My mum is moving so I get to switch schools I guess." Her voice happier than a minute ago.

"Well I'll miss you." You said wrapping her in a hug.

"They all really like you...you know flint and that lot. They think your cool." You saw her smile half-heartedly at you before turning back away into the great hall.

You stood motionless outside at the thought of syltherin backing you, a gryffindor up.