Alone

Leo Valdez had been in his bunker for weeks before anyone told him what happened to percy. Weeks before anyone even remembered he existed.

The day piper told him was still fresh in his mind, everyone else had betrayed Percy. But not him.

Leo couldn't deny he felt even more alone without his best friend. Over the years Jason seemed growing distant and piper seemed to keep him around for pity.

After Percy left, Annabeth dropped the act of liking him, along with frank. And although hazel said she still sided with him and Percy, she went with frank.

Even Nico—someone who he had gotten close with—abandoned him. He was Elmore alone than he ever was.

Leo felt tired, like the world had drained him of everything he had. And at some point, he just started feeling hopeless.

There was nothing left of camp, and the eleven olympians not punished by zeus couldn't care less about him.

The only person he had was his little brother Harley, and he couldn't be the reason his brother was outcasted by camp.

So one day, Leo took his brother to the side and bent down to hug him. When asked why he was doing it he still remembered what he had said, "I'm going away for a while,"

"You got a quest?" Harley asked with big bright eyes.

Leo gave a sad laugh, "no I didn't get a quest, but I'm leaving camp. Your the only thing left for me and I can't drag you down,"

"Did I do something? I just wanted to be a good younger brother-" Harley started.

"You were the best little brother," Leo cut him off, "but I'm not the best older one. So I'm gonna go away for a while,"

"But your gonna come back, right?"

Leo hated to lie to his brother but he had too, "of course I will,"

Then he left. No goodbyes to give to anyone else. They didn't care about him, so why should he stop to tell them he was leaving and probably gonna die?

Leo slung his bad over his shoulder and stole the camps car to drive into the city. From there he got on a bus and headed further onward and towards a forest.

A month passed and he was surprised there weren't more monsters around. Of course he did run into a few monsters, but much fewer than he thought he would.

But Leo shrugged that off and moved towards the sound of someone yelling. And tag someone turned out to be apart of his past, of Greek mythology.

He watched the crazy person with caution as the person jumped and tried to grab thin air, only to fall to the dirt and sticks of the ground.

"Apollo?" Leo asked, making himself visible to the ex god, "what exactly are you doing?"

"There's a magic light orb that's been leading me around the earth and I don't know why!" Apollo screamed, frantically waving his hands in the air.

Then the situation occurred to Leo; he was alone in the woods with a crazy person.