Someones Getting Jelly

Leo Valdez wondered around aimlessly, alone again because Apollo ran into an old god friend. He didn't mind being alone anymore, it made him feel more comfort.

But still, he didn't mind the company of his family either, and he didn't want them to feel the same way. So when he saw Percy Jackson sitting there alone, Leo felt this was his expertise.

"You know, you could always go up and—oh I don't know—talk to her," Leo said, noticing how his friends eyes were trained in Sadie Kane.

Percy flushed bright red, "oh um, I'm not watching her. I know I could talk,"

The way Percy disgusted with his hands and tapped his foot in rhythm easily showed Leo what he was going through. To a normal person, it looked like ADHD. But Leo was far from normal.

Percy was tapping his foot almost as if he was waiting for Sadie to come find him, and the way he fidgeted with his hands showed his nervousness and doubt about if Sadie would come and find him.

"You know, when I had first joined the crew of the Argo," Leo slid onto the bench , taking a seat next to a brooding Percy Jackson. "I couldn't help but feel the exact same way. I hardly knew you, and Annabeth was great but I didn't know her as well. Then Piper and Jason were together, leaving me out like normal. But I had hope with Hazel and, well you saw where that went. And although her and Frank are great and all, I wish I would've told her sooner,"

"Told her what?"

"That I liked her, Percy. Sure, I grew out of those feelings but at the time they were real and they could've evolved. Don't ruin your chances with her, she's not Annabeth,"

"I know but—" Percys eyes darted over to the boy next to Sadie Kane, "—she seems quite content already,"

"How dense are you? What's your mind made of, Candy Floss?" Leo asked, astonished. Upon Percys look he shook his head, "sorry, been hanging around Sadie too much. What I mean to say is take a chance. They probably aren't even together,"

"Leo, why do you care so much? You could be off saving something right now,"

"And I am. This time it's just my friends fragile heart,"

Percy rolled his eyes and playfully shoved Leo, who responded with a grin. "Okay, okay. Don't tell her, but you have to tell her eventually. Maybe go ask Carter? He'd for sure be on your side,"

The two made their way inside, although they were bickering like siblings the entire way. Carter was in the library alone when they found him, and they came and sat down.

"Hey Percy, Leo," Carter nodded at each of them respectively, "any particular reason you need me? Or are you two just bored,"

"Well," Leo started, "although Percy won't admit it, he has a little thing going with your sister he is getting a little jelly of Walt,"

"Er—right, my sister. Still gonna take a while to get used to. I'm not sure I'm the best person to help, both due to my lack of skill in that department and the fact I'm afraid I only believe her, nor remember her," Carter explained

"It doesn't matter, I'm not jealous anyways. Just came to talk," Percy shut down the idea.

"Mhmm. Okay," Carter did not sound the least bit fooled, and his eyebrow was arched. Leo nearly burst out with laughter at that. "Anyways, I'm going to have a meeting in the teras later today. Hopefully Zia and Walt will join us. Walt seems to like Sadie anyways so that's good,"

Percy stifled a growl and Carter raised his eyebrow once more, "Are you sure you're not into my sister?"