Killed By My Significant Annoyance

Magnus Chase was frankly quite scared.

He loved Alex and all, but he knew the damage being locked away could do. Jack buzzed violently in pendant form, and Magnus sighed but let him out.

"Why have you been ignoring me for the past year? That isn't fair! I'm your sword for crying out loud!" Jack yelled.

Magnus gave a slight laugh. "Sorry buddy, you never buzzed. Plus, you're kinda the reason I had to leave anyways. What was with that while flying off thing?"

"I don't know, something just happened. But still, is taking-you-away-from-your-friends-and-family-and-leaving-you-stranded-in-the-middle-of-no-where-that-way-your-cousins-ex-who-helped-you-learn-to-swim-that-way-you-could-defeat-Loki-is-the-only-person-who-can-save-you-which-means-you-go-meet-a-new-family-but-you-never-really-leave-your-old-family-behind-because-they-are-always-in-your-heart-and-then-you-go-to-visit-Egyptian-gods-but-you-realize-you-still-miss-your-old-life-just-a-bit-and-then-you-come-here-and-are-about-to-be-killed-by-your-gender-fluid-partner-because-you-can't-die-now-since-you're-here really bad enough for the silent treatment for a whole year?"

"Wow, when you put it that way—" Magnus sighed, "—I have a really complicated life,"

"And it's about to get a lot more complicated," Alex said, standing in the doorway.

"A-Alex? What are you doing here?" Magnus stuttered, his cheeks heating up.

"You know full well what I'm doing here, Chase. You just flew off like that! I'm your girlfriend for crying out loud and you left me! You can't do that, Magnus! We were all worried sick!"

"Yeah! You tell him!" Jack chided.

"And you!" Alex turned to Jack. "You flew away and actually had me missing you! Both of you are idiots! What the literal hell?"

"Alex, I'm sorry! But it's not like I could talk to anyone anyways. After the war no one was how it used to be, you were my family but now they are,"

"I heard you became apart of The Elite," She said quietly. "Are you saving the world again?"

"Yeah, I wish you were there. I missed you, but I had to go help people. They're my family now. I'm sorry, Alex. But you can come help, there's a war. I need you,"

"Find. But I want to cut off your head once,"

The two laughed and Magnus died, before coming back to life. He forgot what that felt like.