Talking With A Pretty Wise Cat

Magnus chase was all kinds of confused. Especially when he saw Sadie run towards a cat and yell "muffin!"

First of all, who names their cat 'Muffin'?

Second, how the hell did the cat transform into a women. She had her hair tied back while she wore black leather, two knifes at her side.

"Carter?" She called, "who is this?"

Carter walked forward sheepishly, "this is, well, your really not gonna believe me. It's kinda a funny story actually—"

"Spit it out, Carter," A girl—Zia as Magnus learned—appeared in the doorway, walking over.

"You too?" Carter muttered, before looking up and scratching his neck. "Oh well. The blond girl is um, well, the blond girl is my sister Sadie,"

"What? No, Carter you don't have a sister," Zia said.

"Talk with her," Carter pleaded, "please. Zia, talk with him and—And Percy. Talk with the two of them and I'm sure you'll realize what I did. Until then I have to go talk with Walt."

Apollo and Leo headed off to do whatever the two wanted to do, and—knowing he didn't want to be with the two crackhea-er-interesting people—Magnus took a walk outside.

The green from the gardens reminded him of Alex Fierro. The little buds of pink made him think even further of his once significant other.

But of course, although the loved Alex, he gave them up when he accepted Percys offer. And yeah, he moved being in the elite and being patron to the lost, but sometimes he wished he wasn't still lost.

"You look lost," A voice said.

Magnus turned around, giving a smile that looked more like a grimace to Bast. "You don't understand the irony in that,"

Bast gave a small smile, though it happened so fast Magnus wasn't sure if he missed it. "I've met Percy Jackson and Sadie...Kane. I even talked with Apollo and Leo Valdez. But you, Magnus chase? I know nothing about you at all."

"Okay," Magnus said slowly, "I'm Magnus chase, patron to the lost. I was with my family one night, and then my old sword—Jack—he went wild. I was dropped in an island with no way out. And before then my friends and I drifted apart. I was lost both physically and mentally, but then Percy showed up and he offered me a home. I've been fighting as one of the elite for a few years now, and I've never felt more found. But coming back to earth reminds me of my past, and, with everyone get others and Sadie fixing herself again, I just, I've never felt more lost,"

"What else is troubling you? It's something more,"

"Why do you care Anyways?" It came out a lot more mean then he meant it to, "I just, I only met you today and I don't know why you would care so much,"

"I like looking after kids, it's like looking after kittens. And Carter's already so grown up, that I rarely get moments to tell him what to do anymore,"

"Oh," was all Magnus said, "then I guess I'll continue. It's just, I'm worried for after this. We're going to my land, where I'm known. And I'm not sure if I'm ready for that,"

"I know that your friends, the elite, they are your family. And if there is anything I've learned fighting with Carter, it's that family is everything. Lean on them and you'll be supported, hold onto them and don't let go,"

Magnus smiled. "You know, your pretty wise for a cat,"

Yay. It's been like forever but I finally updated this book!