[running in the dark]E.P

---behzinga---

---behzinga---

Ethan always liked running at night time , he always took the same route at the exactly the same time , so when seeing a girl on the bench of the park he ran through , hugging her knees as she shivered , the boy had to stop.

Ethan huffed his breaths out as he slowed down , looping his earphones over his ears so he could still hear the music but could also hear the noises of the outside.

The girl seemed to be in her early twenties as she sat on the bench and as Ethan approached her , he could see the tears running down her face.

"Ummm , excuse me , miss?" Ethan started , sitting down on the bench next to the girl , "are you okay?"

Jess lifted her head from her knees , sniffling slightly as she gave a small smile. "Yeh , I'm fine."

"Well , why are you crying in the middle of the night in a park and in London , it's dangerous out here , miss." Ethan spoke as he turned to the girl , a worrisome look on his face.

Jess chuckled , shaking her head as she let her knees fall onto the floor , showing her short covered legs , scars poking out of them slightly. "Just had a hard time this past few months," she mumbled , pulling her jumper to cover her legs slightly.

Ethan had caught glimpse of the girls scar covered thighs , sighing to himself as he realised the deeper meaning to the girls words.

"Do you need to speak to someone?" Ethan spoke softly , not wanting to give the off the wrong idea. He made sure to keep eye contact with the girl , to make sure he shown the concern he held.

"You don't even know me." The girl sneered , getting off the bench only for Ethan to grab her wrist making her snatch it away , wincing at the contact. "I know the type of feelings you're going through."

Jess stopped walking , hating the fact that a stranger was making her feel wanted. The way this man was consistent made her feel as though he wanted to help.

"I know how it feels to feel alone in your head , like you're sitting with friends but your the only one actually there. I know what it feels like to be alone and hurting-" "you don't know shit about me." The girl spoke , her voice wavering making her groan at the fact that she was being weak.

"Please let me help you." The boy mumbled as he stood , moving towards the girl. "You don't even know me , why do you want to help?" Jess spoke turning to the boy as tears streamed down her cheeks.

"Because I know the dark place you're in and I wished I had the help to get taken out of there. You deserve to live whether you feel as you do or not."

Sorry for not updating as much , my laptop is being fixed and I've got GCSEs this year , so the updates may be limited. 😕😬🙃