[ghost]E.P

———-behzinga———-

———-behzinga———-

"Yeh, me and the boys have some big ideas for videos soon." Ethan spoke as he checked his messages on his phone before huffing out slightly.

He had left Lucy at the hospital with Jess as the girl had made him to leave because he had stayed there for the last four days, the girl had liver failure- maybe it was from the times she would always go out and party but no one saw her there, was she really the alcoholic the doctors claimed she had been.

"Simonnn! Hop on the live." Ethan shouted as he leaned forward in his seat, pressing the join live and sending it to Simon, waiting for his face to pop up.

"Wassup Benz!" Simon spoke as he sat down on what Ethan assumed was his sofa. "What you telling me minter." He spoke back, looking down to his phone again.

"Any news?" Ethan just shook his head, letting his screen turn of before it lit up again, the Home Screen being Jess and him at a pub they had met, the two downing a pint to see who was better. He could remember it like it just happened.

"Ethannnn! Meet my little alcoholic friend, j-dog." Jess rolled her eyes at Simon before smiling to Ethan, holding her hand out for him. "I'm Jess- but you can call me ghost." Ethan furrowed his eyebrows at this, shaking the girls hand, "Ethan, but why ghost?"

"They say I'm so quiet, it's like a ghost. When they hear me, they're scared but once they're used to me they're fine with me, oh- and obscured amounts of alcahol doesn't affect me like it doesn't affect a ghost."

Ethan chuckled at the memory, remembering Harry trying to flirt with her but she just claimed she needed another drink and they didn't see her the rest of the night- despite her sitting just behind Simon in the shadows, like a ghost.

"Ethan, bro, your phone." Simon's voice flooded through the speakers of his monitor, reminding him that he was still on live.

Looking down to his phone, he recognised Lucy's number, answering it with hesitation.

Lifting up the phone to his ear, Ethan could already hear the crying of the girl.

"E-Ethan, p-please come, the-the doctors said she doesn't have long left." Ethan could remember the way his breathing stopped at that moment, the way Simon's voice tried pulling his out of this trance he was in.

He remembered when the girl broke down in his arms. Explained why she was really called ghost- why she really drank.

"No one cares for ghosts Ethan, it's like once they're gone, they're forgotten. No one cares for me. That's why I drink because no ones gives a shit if I go missing because they'll think it's just another episode."

Just another episode. Ethan had always supported the girl through her 'episodes'. Where she'd lay in her room for days on end, not eating, drinking. Not nothing. And he dragged her out of that state, telling her that even if others thought she was a ghost, he'd thought of her as an angel.

Jess laughed after that comment, told him he was cheesy, then asked to go to the bar, where they got wasted.

"Ethan?!" Simon yelled through the speakers and that broke him. He was crying, full blown sobbing on stream as he dropped his phone.

"No-no-fucking no." He sobbed before remembering where he was. "S-sorry stream, I have to go. Simon, to the hospital."

Simon felt his heart break at the words, his face falling as he realised what that meant. His best friend was dying. He never wanted to accept it but when he found Talia holding the girl as she cried in her arms about he results she had, he realised how scared the girl was.

Talia had tears dripping down her face. She had only just found out where as Simon knew months prier, being the first one to know. Ethan had found out the same day as Talia, he sobbed in Simon's arms as he realised his girlfriend was going through something so hard. So demanding that even he had doubts.

Once he got into his car, Ethan calmed. Knowing he was only a few minutes away made him gulp but keep his calm composure. He had to be- for her. Despite the sadness eating away at him.

He was soon at the hospital, knowing he had broken a few laws trying to get there but he didn't care. He had to see her.

He'd made it to her room where Lucy sat beside the bed where Jess lay. A small broken smile on her face as she saw Ethan.

He looked to his girlfriend. She was out of it. So many drugs the doctors had gave her to release the pain she was enduring. Her eyes were droopy, so much so that it barely looked as though she was awake. His hand flew to his mouth as he realised how bad this actually was.

"E-Ethan?" The girl from the bed called, "Lucy I-is that Ethan?" Her words were slurred, like she was drunk but Ethan took no notice, moving to the chair next to the girls bed, his hand grabbing at the girls which had tubes coming out of it.

"It's me, baby. It's me." Ethan whispered, scared that if he spoke to loud his voice would break and then Jess would begin to cry because she would know what that meant. "E-ethan" the girl murmured out as though she was trying to remember his name.

"I-it hurts." The girl whimpered, her face contorting into a pained expression, her eyes squeezing shut as tears flowed down her face. "It really hurts."

Ethan felt his heart break at his girlfriends words, he tried to form a sentence, just something to support the girl but all he could muster was, "I-I'm here."

The girls hand left his, as it reached up for the boys face, Ethan feeling how shaky it was as she put it to his cheek. "I love you." The girl whispered out and it was so light, that Ethan thought she sounded like a ghost.

He lifted his hand to the girls, letting out a small cry as the machine her body was attached to began to beep inconsistently. Lucy had stood from her seat as she lifted both her hands to her mouth at the long line of the sound that meant Jess wasn't with them no more.

Ethan choked out a cry as the girls hand fell from her face and despite knowing the girl didn't want to be revived after seconds of death but he still begged for someone to help. Just so he could tell her that he loved her back.

He screamed and yelled and cried while Lucy just bent to the floor, trying to catch her breath from the sobs that were coming from her mouth.

"E-Ethan?" Simon spoke as he stood at the door, the other boys behind him. The boy lifted his head, their eyes meeting as he just shook his head, letting out another cry.

Simon walked forward, his legs becoming shaky as he pulled Ethan in for a hug beginning to cry himself. They always had hope for the girl but now she lived up to her name.

She was now a ghost.