𝔗𝔥𝔢 ℜ𝔢𝔱𝔲𝔯𝔫 𝔠𝔥. 8

The Proposal

Third Person's POV:

A giant and a centaur is with Edmund walking towards where the Telmarines are, "Perhaps they intend to surrender" the general of the Telmarines said, "No. They are much too noble for that" Lord Miraz hands the telescope to the general.

At the tent, Edmund reads the proposal from his brother in front of all the lords, "'I, Peter, by the gift of Aslan, by election, and by conquest. High King of Narnia, Lord of Cair Paravel and emperor of the Lone Islands. In order to prevent the abominable effusion of blood, do hereby challenge the ursurper Miraz to single combat upon the field of battle. The battle shall be to the death. The reward shall be total surrender" then Edmund rolls the scroll.

"Tell me Prince Edmund--" Miraz was cutted off, "King" Edmund answers, "Pardon me?" Miraz look at him.

"It's 'King Edmund,' actually. Just king though, Peter's the High King" Edmund replies, all the lords look at him, "I know, it's confusing" he continue.

"Why would we risk such a proposal when our armies could wipe you out by nightfall?" Miraz ask, "Haven't you already underestimated our numbers? I mean, only a week ago Narnians were extinct" Edmund answers, "And so you will be again" Miraz added, "Well, then you should have little to fear" Miraz laugh, "This is not a question of bravery" he said, "So you're bravely refusing to fight a swordsmen half your age?" Edmund taunts, "I didn't say I refused" Miraz replies, "You have our support, Your Majesty" a lord said, "Whatever your decision" he finishes.

"Sire, our military advantage alone provides perfect excuse to avoid what might otherwise..." Lord Sopespian was cutted off, "I'm not avoiding anything" Miraz unsheathes his sword, "I was merely pointing out that my lord is well, within his rights to refuse" Sopespian replies.

"His Majesty would never refuse" the general answered, "We relishes the chance to show the people the courage of their new king" he added, Miraz look at Edmund and points his sword to him, "You. You should hope your brother's sword is sharper than his pen" Miraz said, Edmund smiles.

Time Skip:

Your POV:

Earlier when Edmund left, Lucy ask me if she could tell Susan that I am having a baby, I nod and said this only for us girls to know and boys to find out, now Susan knows and didn't stop teasing me.

And now I was on Astrid, ready to take off as I waited to Lucy and Susan be ready, Caspian who was helping them to get ready, "Destrier has always served me well. You are in good hands" he said, "Or hooves" Lucy adds, Caspian look at her and locks the belt, "Goodluck" he wishes, "Thanks" Susan replies.

"Look" I saw Caspian holds out a horn, Susan's horn to be exact, "Maybe it is time you had this back" he hands it to her but Susan didn't take it instead she just look at it, "Why don't you hold on to it. You might need to call me again" then they left, me following behind, on the way, I can't stop smiling, "'You might need to call me again?'" Lucy ask, "Oh, shut up" Susan replies, "I knew this would happen" I said, grinning widely.

And we are now out and gone beyond the forest, you can hear people are cheer from the background, I look back and saw Peter just got out of the How.

'Please be alright' I wished and look forward again.