chapter ten

Everyone was silent when Chief Bongo stood up, since we were still kneeling and with our heads up now i could see the man clearly this made me understand why people feared him.He oozed power and he looked like a real warrior who had fought so many battles a very long time ,for an older man he was really good looking I mean almost everyone here looked like they existed in another planet,he wore an African print wrapper that showed all his muscles and tattoos that looked like his son's all over his body but his were so much more but they looked like they were fading and finished his simple look with man sandals beaded chains around his nake and a whole lot of shambalas in his hands.

He started walking to where we knelt and that moment I felt a really strong pull towards him,the moment he was almost close I felt like I couldn't breathe the pull was so strong I felt like I was going to suffocate, my heart started beating really fast I could literally hear it through out the whole room,the moment he stood in front of me I lowered my hand quickly kissed his feet and said "here I come as a humble and loyal servant willing to help and save life's, will you accept me into your family and will I be granted the will to stay under your wing as a procted one",after saying that it felt like the room went extra silent more than it was before, I'm sure even flies froze too,I mean I was shocked myself,where did this come from i didn't know and I also hadn't prepared that type of speech if I were to be questioned,I couldn't blame myself really,ever since I came in Zimbabwe I was going crazy and I blame it on lack of sleep too.

"Stand up", Chief Bongo said with so much command in his voice I stood up quickly like a loyal obedient puppy,he put hand under my chin and lifted it so I could look at him since he was about 6'2,looking into his eyes his posture turned soft completely like he had finally figured the final puzzle in his life he couldn't all along,"you saved my son" he said "how did you do it?" "I don't know honestly", I laughed a little ,"if I would tell you right now you would say I'm crazy", I spoke with confusion written all over my face,he just nodded for me to continue with a serious face."The moment he came into the hospital you son,i felt a strong pull towards, him and as the stretcher passed by me I felt an intense pain just under my waist line surprisingly that's were he was hurt, I tried to ignore it but then the pain would increase,i ran and bust into the room where your son was being operated and told the doctors to stop and when I looked at him for the second time l noticed the veins on his skin were turning blue meaning he was poisoned,so yes he needed an operation for the accident but the deadly issue was the poison so it had to be drained out of his system first so the operation would be successful or he would die".

I took a deep breath after saying all this then looked back down,"so you are saying the cause of the accident was the deadly poison that had kicked in?","yes",i answered "how long have you been a doctor?" he asked,"and how long have you been in Africa?","I just graduated sir ,had just started working at Harare hospital a day ago when all this happened,which was also my first time to be in Africa","do you know anything about tribe or African culture?"," no sir but I'm willing to learn",and why Africa?" he asked, "people always ask me this all the time but I never had the right answer until I came here and noticed it isn't about helping people anymore, it is the bond I feel to the people especially here in your village Chief Bongo", "explain" he said,"the moment we reached the gates I felt like I have never been home like I am now,the people I also felt a bond to them like I'm a mother feels to her children and the rest of it I don't know how to explain it".

After uncomfortably standing under the gaze of a very serious man while he questioned me I took a deep break whe he finally turned and looked at the other two who were still kneeling Vusi and his Fiance he told them to stand up and they stood up immediately, "Vusi mwanakomana wangu(my son) we need to talk after this". He finally turned and walked back to his seat then one man stood up then blew the horn very lowly.

"To all the court members the chiefs advisors,the chief priests,the chiefs wife mai vedzinza(mother of the nation)and the chief himself we welcome back safely the Son of the great man Chief Bongo, Vusi bongo future, makoti(future daughter in law) and the new doctor. The welcome gathering and introduction to the village members will be done tonight a born fire and a welcome ceremony the two daughters are dismissed maita basa(thank you)".

His guys another chapter done it was fun to write lol...so since I have reached chapter ten I am now introduction Vusi's POV and it's two chapters for him this time 11 and 12 then from then will be swapping from him to Alex later on in the book I will be introduction other people's povs too....thank you till next time. ❤😘