Chapter 22

Alex's POV
Picture of the river above.

Its been three weeks since the day that I was attacked and let me tell you I feel as fit as never before,these traditional doctors work everything up like magic.I have been going to work over the past two weeks and my working environment is the best,the doctors are very friendly and the patients listen  too coz you know patients are stuborn at times so I'm loving it.I have even made more friends besides Tinashe,Vusi and Dumi,I also have Themba,Maita,Ruramai and Mufasa and one more thing me and Vusi been talking,yes I said it talking.

I thought after the almost incident of us kissing things were going to be awkward between us but no everything is fine,he has been coming to see me at work,after work,well and we usually taking walks after dark,yes you might all be concerned that maybe I might be taking it too far with this guy since I have a man and all and maybe that we should give each other some space but the truth is I don't wanna do it and I I don't think spending a day without this guy will be disastrous for me, you would not understand I mean neither do I,silly right.

So today is  a weekend and me and the other ladies are going to the river to do our weekly laundry and bathing,its really fun and I have been doing it for a few weeks and since then I said I won't wash or do laundry at home again unless its an emergency.I can now also carry water from the river to the gardens  on my head and its exciting and since a lot of women here are into farming and gardening so when men are not doing their irrigation thingy we carry water from the wells to the gardens to water the plants but the funny part is no one in this village is a vegan.I don't know why,their refrigerators are stocked up with meat but I have never seen them eat before.Their farming and plantations goes to the market which is one of the biggest markets I Zimbabwe.

I could also now do a lot of things like getting firewood for the Dare with the other ladies in the forest and this other day I went with the boys to chase monkeys and baboons from the farm it was fun,being here in Africa has made me learn a lot of things and be close to nature too.Well enough of all that as I was saying today we going to do some laundry at the river so as bathing and swimming naked,yeah!!, we just have to be careful with the boys that heard cattle and goats because sometimes they come and hide in the bushes so they can see us naked but Tinashe dealt with them and they haven't visited in a while,talking bout Tinashe she will be here very soon so let me gather my laundry and toiletries in a dish and just be ready.

In a few minutes Tinashe came to get me."morning sis",she said while hugging me,I hugged her back answering her,"morning Tina you are late",she gave me that look before replying me,"what do you mean I'm late,you always thirty minutes late so please don't give me that you late talk,what if I walked on my brother naked in here",she smirked after saying that and  honestly when she does that all the time I see her brothers face,back to earth Alex back to earth I thought to myself then answered Tina,"girl please don't start",I said while carrying my dish and going out she just laughed and locked the door behind me carried hers too and we started walking the direction of the river.

By the time we arrived at the a lot of women were already there doing their laundry  and chatting amongst themselves,we said good morning to everyone to everyone and they said good morning back with smiles on the faces, we joined them and started washing talking about life and everything,after that we all took baths and started swimming while our laundry dried on huge rocks they called Ruvare.The first time I started bathing with the ladies I was really shy the other ladies  would   just take off their clothes like that,like no one exists wash the clothes  they were wearing  and start bathing then jump into the water while their bodies were full of foam and swim freely like they were mermaids.

These women were curvy,beautiful brown skin and had perfect bodies,huge afros for days that would shrink as they got into the water but the next day they would be really big again.I on the other hand  was just different I was curvy yes but I wasn't African curvy,I had a good body,I was white too so the moment I was naked I would look different that everyone else but they welcomed me straight hair or not,pink nipples or dark brown we were all women and from that day I was the champion of being nude,I would do my laundry naked be the first to bath and dive into the water for a swim they  had definately taught a moral lesson to the wrong person.

After bathing and swimming and now chilling on the big rocks to dry off I decided on asking Tinashe something,"hey sis I said while looking at her,"yeah wassup",she replied looking back at me.

"I have'nt got the time to talk to you about something but I thought now is the right time"I said seating up,she also sat up then she looked at me with a concerned face "what is it Alex?",I smiled at her,"don't give me that look I didn't mess anything up", I said poking her face,she then laughed saying,"out with it you killing me already"

"Would it be wrong if I were to like someone else while I'm engaged to someone?",I asked her while walking back to the water then jumped in she followed suite,"it depends, honestly I don't know cause I have never had someone special in my life but I would say why don't you give the other guy you might be liking a chance see what his intentions are than not entertaining him at all yet he is a good guy",she replied me while going under water then coming back up gasping.

"I don't know,Luca has never done anything to me,he has always been there for me from A-Z and our sex life and love life is great,but this  other guy is something else,with this guy everything  is so intense,it's like he wants me to taste something forbidden and I can't seem to resist it yet he hasn't done anything to me other than the innocent things like holding my hand and hugs too here and there", I said going under water too and coming back gasping."who is this  guy?",Tinashe said smiling,I looked away debating if I should tell her,"I will keep that to myself",I said I knew my face was turning red by then,from nowhere she started to tickle me and I started laughing until my insides hurt,"wait,wait I will tell you just please stop who tickles someone while they are naked",she then stopped,looked at me with big doll eyes waiting for me to speak.

"It's ummmm,its your brother I think I like your brother,or I think I'm going crazy I said going under water not wanting to see her reaction then coming back up again to see her big doll eyes looking at me,really Tina I thought to myself.

"I think you should go for it",she said, i looked at her with a questioning look then she continued,I think you should go for it because my brother is a really nice guy,plus he deserves to find real love out there too you know and don't ask me about  his fiance cause my opinion about her will ruin your innocence dear,now since today is a weekend visit him talk to him and see where this goes make the first move maybe you will feel better",Tina said while looking at me smiling.

"And what if he doesn't like me back?",I asked her getting out of the water,"I know my brother Alex,go see him today", she said with a knowing smile putting on a dress,"I will think about it", I said putting on an African printed wrapper."Now let's go home and enjoy that weekend ladies!!", I shouted,"yeah!!", they all shouted back we started removing clothes from the big rocks and folding them nicely into our dishes,phew! its going to be a long day I thought to myself.

Hey there beautiful readers another chapter done I hope you will like it ,please read comment and vote thank you very much and love you all till next time❤😍.