Chapter 33

Vusi's POV
"Alex I'm sorry",I said as soon as I closed  the door to my room,"I would have told you from the very begging but I didn't want to scare you ,you had come as a contract worker working for six months and after your vacation break they would decide if you had to come back, so it had to be kept as a secret from you  but that's when I found out you are my mate and I was engaged about to get married in three weeks and you where engaged too,and the biggest fear was that I couldn't feel your presence as,I couldn't feel the bond my mate as much as you felt for me,like the way your sister and Dumi feel for each other".

She looked at  me confused what do you mean by mates,like soul mates or something she asked, "yes like soulmates",shelaughed a little then asked me,"Vusi are soulmates even real?".We as vampires are born with someone chosen for us already to be our life partners or mates as we call them,we usually find our mates from the age 180-200(18-20) as soon as you reach that certain age you find your mate but the process was kinda of slowing down  for every vampire because of the curse that was put upon me that's why Dumi found Amara at the age of 27 as my parents told me",Vusi said.

"They said when my mother was pregnant with me,a white witch vampire came to her since she's a seer and asked her to tell her about her  future,since she could not read from her water clay pot anymore and her kids were dying,so my mother told her the truth and said calamity would bestore her family they would be stripped and shamed  for their evil ways and by the end of the decade they would be extinct,only one witch would survive,whome will later on cause harvoc and almost bring the kingdom down but to whome this  is  we don't know".

"So when this all happened,the day my mother was about to give birth to me in labor the same witch came and told my mom that since she foretold her people's calamity she cursed her that the son she will give birth to will start turning into a beast at the age of 12,thats until I find my true mate but I would have to feed on souls of innocent virgins or the pure and the day my mate presented herself is the I would stop transforming".

"But the sad truth is when I turned 18you never showed up and the curse was never lifted,I lost hope and at 23 i started seeing Ruvimbo,she was Tichala's mate but he was killed hunting ,things worsened and my carnival ways were way worse and at 25you showed up in my life,but I couldn't feel the mate bond even when I met you for the first time at the hospital.

"The hell I didn't even know it was you,not the reason i was rude to you because i had always been like that and you changed me though,I had to pursue you as everyone had adviced me to do and let myself fall in love with you without the mate bond, at first I didn't want to anymore I just wanted to marry Ruvimbo because I thought you had something with your man and I had mines so I respected that".

"But then bit by bit I started to feel your mate presence and not in human form but I could appear in your dreams and yes the pixes are real but only you can see them at the moment,I was gifted to them by my grandma before she died in my dreams too.The first kiss we shared was in our dreams that's when I first touched you,felt you everything but as in reality we we'rent there yet,until you decide to be friends with me and from there things flawed easily".

"After I stated I started to feel the mate bond in human form,I never transformed again and I felt the beast living me  bit buy bit,but I don't know what happened that night and why it returned  because i had planned to finally tell you the truth of who i really was".

Dumi had given me some good advice because just like you Alex,I have fallen in love with You too,and I'm sorry for lying to you from the start,I'm sorry on behalf of everyone who lied to you  trying to keep my secret and if you would give me a chance I want us to start over".

Alex looked at me still shock and from the look on her face she was trying to digest everything,"so the reason i was so drawn to you the first day i first saw you is because i am your mate?"she asked,"yes",I replied,"oooh,so that means Lucas is mated to Tinashe and Amara to Dumisani",she said completing a puzzle in her head,"yes and so as everyone married or in a relationship in this village",i replied.