Butterflies in my Belly

Naaz: Hello, Uncle! I am near SVJ School, yahan se aage ka route aap bata dijiye.

Sharma Uncle: Hello Beta ji. I can see you from balcony. Apne right side upar dekho.

Naaz: Haan Uncle, I can see you, entrance kaha se hai?

Sharma Uncle: Tum jaha khadi ho waha se thoda aage aao, building mein enter karte hi left mein lift milega, 1st floor, flat no. 102.

Naaz: Teek he uncle.

She follows the instruction and reaches 102. She was about to ring the bell when a man in his late 50s opens the door.

Sharma Uncle (SU): Aa jao beta ji. Yaha pahuchne mein jyada problem toh nahi huyi naa?

Naaz: (putting up a smile while being nervous inside) Nahi uncle. Landmarks ke vajah se asani se pahuch gayi.

A lady in her late 50s walks in with a tray of juice.

Naaz: Hello Aunty ji. Kaisi ho aap?

Sharma Aunty(SA): Bahut badiya beta. (Offers the juice to Naaz and sits with her) Toh, are you nervous?

Naaz: (with a slight smile and low voice) Haan, thoda sa auntyji..

SA: Don't worry beta ji.. Mera aapke mummy ke saath baat hua h.. We are also like your family. Meri badi beti bhi tumhare hi age ki h.. So treat me like your mother only.

Naaz: Thanks Auntyji.. (gives her a soft hug)

SU gets a call on his phone.

SU: Hello, achcha ok ok, theek hai.. Haan, she is already here. See you.
(Disconnects and looks at the two ladies) They just left the house, should be here in 20 mins. Sab arrangements ho gaye hai na?

SA: Yes, sab ready hai.

Naaz's nervousness level increases. Her hands are cold now. She tries to push the smile on her face, but her lips feel dry. She sips on the juice. Those 15 minutes had butterflies flying in her stomach which she used to feel just before she used to enter her exam hall during her schooling or college days. Not that she was bad at studies, she always topped in her class.

Flashback:
Lecturer enters the class to find just 1 girl sitting in the class.
Lecturer: Good Morning Naaz. Where are all the other students? The bell rang 2 mins back.
Naaz: (Ab mein kya bolu inhe, sab ke sab toh mass bunk karke chale gaye) Woh Mam.. (she clears her throat to speak but hears some noise behind, she looks back and finds few of her class mates)
Students: Excuse me mam, shall we come in.. (the lecturer nods and the class gets its full strength as everyone enters)
One by one, everyone staring at Naaz, as if they will eat her up.

Lecturer: Good that you all came back because I know that you'll planned mass bunking and mind you all, I would have continued the class with Naaz alone. For me the dedication of one student matters the most, even though I don't have the minimum attendence in the class. I would have marked you all absent.

The stare becomes intense and Naaz hears them saying "Because of you, we cannot enjoy" "Arey yaar, khudh toh enjoy nahi karti, humko bhi enjoy karne nahi deti.." "You're such a bummer.."

Class gets over and she turns to those complaining. "Come on guys, I come to college to study and I know the value of money and I know that my parents trust me that when I go to college, I go there to study and not to do time pass."

Madhu: It's ok Naaz, I love you for what you are dear. I sometimes get carried away by my other friends. I am sorry, I should have stayed with you.

Shefu: I am sorry as well sweetheart. I know we have other friends as well but you are only close to us two..

Madhu: Yes, indeed, I wanted to tell you the same dear. You remember when we had a small fight last time, I went on to mingle with my other friends and Shefu was sick and didn't come to college for 3 days. I observed you quietly and found you all alone, sad and missing your smile. We will graduate this year and soon we all will walk into different universities for further studies but I want you to open up, make more friends. Be the girl who you are with us who laughs, jokes, make fun with others as well. So that you are never left alone.

Naaz: Hmm.. I will think over it dear. I know you are always there for me.. I didn't know that my reservedness is somewhere harming me. Love you both. (They share a group hug)

FB ends..

Doorbell rings.. Naaz's heart skips a beat..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope you all like it..

Who are they waiting for and what is the occasion? Why is our Naaz so nervous? Keep reading to find out the answers..

Let me know your feedback 🤗🤗