The Female's Email Confusion

SU opens the door.

SU: Welcome!! Aaiye aaiye.. Kaise h Shukla ji?

Shukla ji: Sab badiya, aap bolye Sharma ji..

SA: Namaste bhabhi ji.. Kaisi ho aap?

Mrs. Shukla: Teek hoon.. (glances at Naaz) Hello Naaz.

Naaz: (gulps and looks up) Hello Aunty. (Her eyes which were lowered now falls on the three people who just entered. Mr. & Mrs. Shukla with their elder son Sid Shukla)

Flashback:
Mrs. Gill: Hello Naazu, Sharma Uncle ne kuch ladkon ke profiles bheji h, apna email check kar lo beta. Aur jo tumhe teek lage mujhe bata dena, tere dad Sharmaji se baat kar lenge.

Naaz: Ok Mom.

Naaz pov:
I work for MNC as an Accountant in Bangalore since 2 years. My parents stay in Punjab and I am their only child. I belong to a middle class family and my dreams are very small. I am 26 year old and like most of Indian parents, my parents too want me to get married now. Since we are far and can't do frequent visits, my parents ask me to check for prospective grooms profiles sent across by matrimonial (who stay in Bangalore since I want to continue with my career in this city.) Till now I have met few boys at coffee shop but none could interest me.

My parents though very supportive are getting tensed since I am going to turn 27 soon and they feel marriage should happen at right age, (which I don't know what it should be..) My father recently got to know about Sharma uncle who happens to be his friends relative, who stays in Bangalore and as a hobby tries to connect North Indian Community and shares suitable profiles of grooms n brides within the community.

Today, my mom asks me to check my email for the same. I check my email and find few emails from SU. Wait! Why did he send me two duplicate mails of a same boy. Anyways, I just open one among them. I write down few details from the mail and pass the number to my parent, who would then approach their parents and I am informed to do the 2nd screening to meet and give my nod.

My phone rings..

Naaz: Haan mumma.

Naaz Mom (NM): Naazu, Your dad spoke to Mr. Shukla, Sidhanth Shukla's father. But they said Sidhanth is their younger son and they are currently looking bride for their elder son Sidharth. They said they had sent both their profiles initially but they asked to hold on Sidhanth's profile for time being. They asked you to check Sidharth's profile and let us know the decision.

Naaz: Ohhh.. now I know the reason for two emails, where I thought it was duplicate but in actual it is 2 different profiles with just 1 letter change "SidhaNth and SidhaRth.. ok mom, I will check Sidharth's profile and let you know..

NM: No Naazu, wait.. Though your father said ok to them, but he said to me that we won't go further with checking Sidharth's profile.

Naaz: (Confused) Why did he say no? What is the harm in checking it?

NM: Because his father told us that Sidharth is a widower and this would be his 2nd marriage.

Naaz: Ok Mom, but still that is not a strong reason to say No..

NM: Kya bol rahi ho beta? Why would you want to marry a widower, tum mein kya kami h?

Naaz: Toh mom usmein kya kami h? Unless he murdered his own wife.. Aur mile bina, jaane bina we shouldn't jump to any conclusion. I think I will still give it a try.

NM: par Naazu.. tumne isse pehle kabhie kissi mein itna interest nahi dikhaya, aur aaj bina dekhe usmein itna interest kaise dikha rahi ho?

Naaz: pata nahi mom.. just my intuition.. mann ne kaha.. Waise bhi I don't believe that second marriage karna buri baat h n all that..

NM: Teek h, I will talk to your dad. Bye!

Naaz gets busy with her office work but her heart wanted her to check Sidharth's profile. She takes a coffee break and decides to check her email while sipping her coffee. She opens her email account and goes back to the email. Then notices the two profiles which she missed at her 1st check.. Sidharth.. she sees.. she clicks the button. The email opens up.

There is a word file attached.
Name: Sidharth Shukla
Age: 32 year old
Occupation: Senior Software Engineer
Height: 6'
I am a widower. I lost my wife 2 years back. Incase if you want to proceed further, please speak to my parents on 98******..

She scrolls down further and the picture downloads, she opens it and an unknown breeze rushes inside her. Though there was nobody in the coffee lounge, she find herself blushing for the first time and she minimises the screen immediately.. She goes back to work but somewhere her heart wants her to check the photos once more. (Ladki gayi kaam se🙈)

She holds back the desire and gets busy in her work as it is Friday and she needs to finish her work before weekend starts. While travelling back home, she gets a call from her mom.

NM: Naazu beta, kaisa tha aaj ka kaam?

Naaz: As usual mumma, bahut busy.. bahut thak gayi hoon.. ghar jaake bas sona h

NM: Teek h Naazu..meine bas ye kehne ke liye phone kiya tha ki kal tumhe Sharma ji ke ghar jaana hoga. Sidharth ki family se milne. Papa ne baat kar liya h, aur waise bhi kal weekend h toh tum aur woh bhi free rehte ho, toh mil lo.. phir toh tumne waise bhi reject karna h..

Naazu: Reject kyu??🙈 (She bites her tongue for spilling those words) ... Matlab, abhi mili nahi toh apne abhi se kaise bol diya ki reject karungi??

NM: Pechle ek saal se tu yahi karti aa rahi h.. ismein naya kya h.. chalo mein Sharmaji ka address message kar deti hoon. Kal shaam 4 baje jana h tumhe unke ghar.

Naazu: Theek h mom.. Bye..

FB ends..

Sidharth's Mom (SM) sits beside Naaz. Sidharth and his dad(SD) sit on the opposite sofa. They all start speaking to break the ice, starting with some basic Q&A sessions. As they talk, Naaz finds his parents very friendly, they make her more comfortable. Naaz takes a glance at Sidharth in between who just keeps his answers short for questions posed by Sharma ji on behalf of Naaz. A well built, tall, dusky and handsome guy just as Naaz has dreamt once, sitting right infront of him. But, why does he seems so quite and least interested in this?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What will happen next? What's the outcome of the meeting? Will Sid and Naaz get personal time to speak?

Answers to this in my next chapter..

Keep reading and let me know if it's interesting.