Possessiveness

Sid's POV:

"What the hell? Oh God!! No!!"

Shehnaaz is with Karan and his mother. He was enquiring about Shehnaaz's status during Navratra Puja. What is he doing there with Shehnaaz along with his mom? Kahi mera patta toh nahi kaat raha yeh? Kahi Shehnaaz ke Mom aur Papa se baat karke unko apne liye mana liya toh, waise bhi uske mummy papa ko mere 2nd marriage se problem thi..

I need to stop him now before it's too late..

Karan: Hello Shehnaaz! Aapne mujhe pehchana? Mein Karan, Sid ka dost aur partner, hum Sid ke ghar pe mile the navratra ke pooja mein..

Naaz: Haanji.. mujhe yaad he.. kaise ho aap?

Karan: ek dum badiya.. waise this is my mom.. Mom, yeah Shehnaaz aapko maine bataya tha na inke baare mein..

Karan's Mom (KM): arey haan, bahut taarif karta h yeh tumhari

Naaz: (Confused..) Jiiii??

KM: tum bahut sundar ho beta. Hum bilkul tumhari jaisi sundar si bahu doond rahe h Karan ke liye.

Naaz: (Pushing a fake smile, still confused) thank you Auntyji..

KM: Aapke mummy papa ka number de dena please..

Naaz: (smile disappears, perplexed) Ji? Kyu?

Suddenly she feels someone standing behind her. She hears the voice, it's Sid.

Sid: Arey Karan, tu yaha kaise?

Karan: Hey Sid. Yeh toh meri cousin brother ka engagement h, tum kiske taraf ae invited ho?

Sid: Ladki walon ki taraf se, Sharma uncle ki taraf se.. (looking at KM) namaste aunty ji..

KM: khush raho beta.. hume bahut khushi hai ki tumhare wajah se iss pyaari ladki se mulakat ho gayi.. waise Shehnaaz mein aapke mummy papa se baat karna chahti thi?

Sid: (Arey, yeh toh maine jaise analyze kiya wahi baat ho rahi h. Mujhe inko batana padega) Arey auntyji mummy papa toh idhar isi party mein h.. kal hi punjab se aayein h humari sagaai aur shaadi ki date fix karne..

Karan and KM look at each other with shocked yet sad face. Naaz looks at Sid and smiles.

Karan: Kya? Tu shaadi kar raha h?

Sid: Haan! Mein aur Shehnaaz.

Karan: Par last weekend toh tune kuch bataya nahi.. itna bada suspense?

KM: Achcha beta, aap baat karo mujhe todha sa kaam h.. (leaves disheartened)

Sid: Arey, we didn't wanted to announce anything until we fix the date.

Karan: Dil tod diya yaar tune mera..

Sid and Naaz look at each other.

Sid: (gulps) kya matlab?

Karan: Itni badi baat chupayi tune.. khair I am happy for you bro, you decided to move on in your life. Shehnaaz is a best choice. And Bhabhi, you can't get a better husband than Sid.

Naaz: (smiles while tucking her hair behind her ear) thank you..

Sid: (hugs Karan) sorry yaar and thanks..

Karan: Chup be.. chal enjoy kar, waise bhi mujhe kabab mein haddi nahi banna.. (winks and leaves)

Sid and Naaz look at each other and say "Sorry" together in chorus.. and they both burst out laughing..

Naaz: I had no intention of ignoring you. Friday, I came home very late and I placed my phone on silent mode before I went to sleep. I woke up late and I had missed your calls. I tried calling you twice, you didn't receive. Then I got busy with mom papa.

Sid: Even I didn't give you chance to explain. I am at fault too. Chalo lets forgive each other. Waise abhi mein nahi aata toh tum kahi Karan ki mom ko haan toh nahi bol deti na??

Naaz: Kis liye??

Sid: Yeh tum dumb hone ka acting kar rahi ho ya sach mein dumb ho? Woh Karan ka taakaa tumse bhida rahi thi.. (earning a smack on his arm)

Naaz: Achcha?? Haaye! Sachchi?? Itna sensible ladka milte milte haat se nikal gaya mere..

Sid: (frowns) kya?? Toh ab kaunsa delay hua h?? Jao apne sensible Karan ke paas..

Naaz:(frowns) arey mazak bhi nahi samajh aati aapko? Mein kyu jao uske paas? Mujhe na thodha aur bhav khana chahiye tha.. itni jaldi maan gayi toh fir chalu ho gaye..

Sid: Arey sorry!! Aaj tum haddh se jyada sexy... Mera matlab sundar lag rahi ho!! Toh mein todha jyada possessive.. mera matlab protective ho gaya tha tumko lekar.. You know like "Tere chehre se nazar nahi hatati, nazare hum kya dekhe" types vibe in party..

Naaz: (blushes and looks down on floor) thanks for the compliment..

Sid's POV:
Thank God! Maan gayi! The way she blushes, I feel like biting those pink cheeks. She has put life in the saree by wearing it as if it was just made for her. The way the young men in this party are ogling at her, makes me feel like poking my fingers in their eyes. With her parents approval finally, I feel proud that she is my girl. I want to express my feelings to her. The way I love her, does she feel anything for me? I think I should wait for sometime.

My eyes are stuck on Shehnaaz throughout the party, she is talking with my mom and laughing at jokes cracked by Sim. My dad tells Shehnaaz's papa that he will speak to our family panditji for an auspicious date for our engagement.

I, along with Shehnaaz and her parents drive back to her home in my car. They got down the car and I see their retreating figures. Just before she disappear from my sight, she looks back and waves good bye to me with a smile. Though I was sad that I have to leave her and go, her sweet smile brings smile on my face. Her smile is like a power generator, which lights up my life which was dark since last 2 years. I never knew that I could come back of the pain which consumed me from inside. This goof ball has healed me and I am waiting for the day when she will be fully mine.

The next day Sid's dad called up their family priest to check for an auspicious date for the engagement. The panditji suggests them 2 dates. First date is exactly after 1 week and the second date is after 1 month. Sid's dad calls Papa Gill and informs him, Papa Gill feels that they should choose the 2nd one since they would get enough time to invite guests and do arrangements. They speak to the respective ladies of their house about it. Mama Gill agrees to the date however Sid's Mom reminds Sid's dad that it clashes with Sim's exam.

They all mutually agree on the 1st date and decide that engagement to be held at Shukla Mansion itself and to keep it a low affair due to short notice and as it Gills are already in Bangalore itself. Papa Gill invites only handful of his close relatives from Punjab.

Naaz gets super busy with her office work since she has to finish all the work before she takes 2 days off for the engagement. She messages Sid that she might not be able to speak to him due to her busy schedule hence not to get angry incase she is unavailable to attend his calls.

Most of the shopping is done by Mumma and Papa Gill except for choosing ring, Naaz's outfit and Sid's Sagun dress to be gifted by Gills which would be done by Naaz herself. Naaz and Poori shop the above.

Sid takes help of Vicky and Karan to do his engagement shopping.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wow!! So finally our SidNaaz getting engaged.. are you'll excited for the next part? 😊