Unleashing the Past

I couldn't wait to upload this chapter.. it's a very emotional one and close  to my heart

Read and recommend..
---------------------------------------------------------

Sid: (starts his car) will go to Aish's parents house.

Naaz: That's a great idea! Why didn't they come to your house for party today?

Sid: Actually they weren't invited. My parents think that they have ruined my life.

Naaz: Why would they think so?

Sid: because Aish had cancer even before we got married.

Naaz: What? And they didn't tell you and your parents about it?

Sid: Partially correct!! Because I knew it and I had asked them not to tell my parents about it. If my parents knew then they would have never agreed for the marriage. After her death, my parents totally cut off relation with them and they instructed me that even I shouldn't meet them. But how do I leave them? They've lost their dearest daughter and I being her husband, can't give them one more pain by cutting off from them.

Naaz: So when did you come to know about her condition?

Sid: We were dating each other for few months and I had to go onsite to US for 3 months. We used to speak over phone everyday. Suddenly, she stopped answering my calls and she didn't call me either. I kept on trying and she messaged me not to call her and that she wants to break off. I was surprised and heart broken. I tried reasoning her but she never answered back. When I came back, I asked our mutual friend to arrange for a meeting without her knowledge. And we met..

When I confronted her, she burst out crying in my arms. She told me that she developed some painless lumps on her neck and under arms. First she thought it must be some kind of allergy and as it got worst, she went to consult the doctor and after screening they told her that she has been diagnosed with Acute Leukemia (blood cancer). The survival rate of which is very low. That's when she decided to break up with me since she didn't want me to be affected by her condition.

I was devasted by the news but I had to gather all the smithereens of her heart. I told her no matter what happens, I am with her. The treatment had started and they could see her responding to it well. She found some hope.

She always dreamt about our marriage and I wanted to keep her happy. I spoke to her parents that I want to get married to her. They were shocked at my proposal. I told them that I have all the hopes that she will be fine and hence, I will speak with my parents about our marriage. However, I took a promise from them to keep her disease a secret.

We got married and her happiness had no boundary. She was showing a great sign of recovery. We decided to go on our honeymoon, I wanted her to be happier, since I believed a happier mind means a healthier body. We went to Pondicherry since we didn't wanted to travel very far just to avoid travel stress. She was elated looking at the sea and French style colonial buildings. One day, while she posed for the picture, she just collapsed. I was shocked, when I asked her she feels her joints are weak and can't hold her pressure to stand. We immediately came back home. The doctors told that the disease has relapsed, she needs a Chemotherapy.

It's just around 3 and half month into our marriage and she insisted to stay at her parents house since she didn't wanted to trouble my parents to look after her. I saw her deteriorating day by day, chemo sessions were painful, she lost her weight, appetite, hair and strength to even stand. She was bedridden.

When my parents saw me juggling to and fro from my home to her home, to my office and hospital. They came to know that she had this condition before marriage but they didn't show their frustration yet. We tried giving her allopathic, homeopathic and ayurvedic treatment.. but nothing worked and she just left me..

Naaz's POV:
He opened up his wounds to me. He pulls his car on the side and cried like a child. I felt his pain and agony, I pull him to my chest and hugged him tight to console. He held me by my waist and sobbed for what looked like eternity. Once his pain subsided, he realised that he was holding me tight and he loosened his grip and sits straight and said sorry to me. I feel my mouth dried and words are just not coming out of my mouth.

I finally speak to him.

"Sidharth, I am always there beside you and I wouldn't ask you to stop crying but whenever you want I can give you my shoulder to cry on. I will never judge you for it. Jab dil kare ro liya karo, isse dil halka hota h.. Just let-off your emotions."

He looks into my eyes again and I open my arms again and he hugs me again as if he always longed for this support.

Sid's POV:
I never opened up with anyone about my grief post Aish's death not even to my parents. Today I just told everything to Shehnaaz and her words just melted me. I hugged her and I made compromise with my past. I feel much lighter now.

After 5 mins, I drive to Aish's place. Her parents greet us and they were happy looking at Aish. Shehnaaz called them mom and papa.. and they were emotional and her mom hugged her. I felt happy about my decision to marry her. I want Shehnaaz's parents to accept me now. I don't want to leave a friend I found in her ever. I go to the terrace to breath some fresh air.

Aish Mom: We are happy to see you as Sid's future wife. We always taught that we might loose his relationship with us once he decides to move on in his life. But the way you came to meet us and observing you makes us happy and content that you are a very good choice. We can already see Aish in you.

Naaz: Mom Papa, my parents are in Punjab and I don't get to see them often, but now I am rest assured that I have you two.

Aish Mom: For sure dear. Sid is a gem of person. Once he owns up on someone, he stands with them for life even if the world is against them. I know I need not tell you but just be with him always.

Naaz: Yes mom. Even I don't want to lose this gem.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bit longer chapter, but I was very emotional writing this.. hope you feel the emotions behind the words I have chosen..

Leave your valuable comments, Love you all..