Their Opinion

It's raining heavily, Naaz takes an auto to her house. She thinks about her meeting with Sid today.

Naaz POV:
After 6 long months for that incident, I felt I need to mend the broken pieces of my heart. Before coming to Sharma Uncle's place, I thought to myself, I am tired of rejecting proposals just because of that one bad encounter in my life. Finally, I think I have to come to compromise with my life. I should just go with the flow and say yes to the proposal today. I can't trouble my parents anymore and give them more tension.

Also me, there was different feeling in my heart when I read the email yesterday. When I glanced at Sid's photo, I felt something. I closed it even before having a proper look. I thought I will look at it again when I go home, but I couldn't as I was very tired after a hectic day at office. I made few attempts to check the email today but my heart stopped me from checking it. Why do I feel shy and nervous to check that email even when I am alone?

I looked at the time and I see that there is 1 more hour left to meet him. I wore anything casual to meet the earlier prospects, but this time I need something traditional since I am not just meeting the prospect but his family as well. I look for the outfit in my small closet since I am not that person who spends a lot on clothes or accessories. I find a plain white churidar with golden zari work and decide that it's just perfect for the occasion. I am not much of a make-up lover so I keep it minimal.

 I am not much of a make-up lover so I keep it minimal

(Exactly like this 👆)

When I reach Sharma's house, I was nervous as hell all the time until I met his family. Imagine me surrounded with all unknown people and no one from my family at that moment, I literally wanted to hide myself. After few minutes, I like them, they made me feel comfortable. I was not bombarded with those cliche questions. I wasn't looked at from top to bottom like an allien.

Then when I got a chance to talk to Sidharth, we spoke to each other as if we knew each other very well. Although initially I was very nervous, but when he started talking to me, I looked up at him properly. I was mesmerized by his personality. I always wanted a tall husband partly because I love wearing heals and partly because I found that tall men are hot. Sid was tall, well built, muscular and very handsome person. It's not that I was drooling over him like I drooled on my professor during my college days since it was him who inspired me to dream for a tall, handsome and dusky guy as my future husband. But Sid surely has that charm and personality which could attract any woman. (We can't argue more with this, do we?😉)

Our conversation started with talking about his deceased wife. He loved her a lot and I could tell that when I looked into his eyes while he spoke about her. Though we didn't speak much about her, and he gave me only that much detail which I ought to know at this time. Even, I thought it is wise to talk about present and avoid things which would expose his old wounds.

The topic changed and I saw him laughing at my funny side. I felt so nice to see him laughing. Definitely, this person is different from all the earlier men I met. I don't know what opinion he holds about me but I felt I can see a good friend in him. I see myself changing my reason to give a green signal to this alliance from compromise to "the click". I had thoughts about marriage earlier, an ideal partner is to whom you can speak to for life long and with whom you can grow old. And, within few minutes I realised that I can talk to Sidharth for life.

I call my mom even before I reach home. I tell her what all happened and then I say "its a yes from my side". My mom was shocked at my decision. She and dad are not yet over the fact that he is a widower. They still respect my decision but she tells me that they would want to personally meet him and his family first. But before that, we need to wait for his/his family's decision.

Sid's POV:
My heart is not fully into this. I agreed to meet the girl. My parent's saw her profile and her photo. They asked me to see it when I have time. However, I don't even look at it. I say to myself, how does it matter who she is or how does she look. I don't even want to meet her when I have made my decision that whatever it is, I am going to say yes. She can never take Aishwarya's place in my life but she will be just a bahu (daughter-in-law) to my parents.

I just pull out a random T-shirt and a jeans from my closet not really bothered how would I look in it and wear it. I brush my hair and get in my car with my parents. We arrive at Sharma's, I don't bother to look at the girl. I just hear them talking and know that her name is Naaz. Sharma Uncle is asking me few questions and I give him short answers. They ask me to talk to her in private. I say to myself, "Come on, I don't need this session, just take my parent's opinion and I will oblige." But then I realise, it's not for me alone, she deserves to know where she is heading as well.

She doesn't like tea just like me. Hmm.. Ohh, she likes coffee just as me again.. I look at her now because I hear her laugh with me on tea/coffee chorus reply.

She is looks beautiful, but not like my Aishwarya.
She is shorter than my Aishwarya..
My Aishwarya was fairer than her..
I virtually hit myself on my head and tell myself to stop comparing. I don't know what to talk and she seems to be nervous. It's awkward to sit in silence. I think, I should start with Aishwarya but I decide to keep it small and to the point. What if she decides to say no, why to go in detail in that case.

Topic changes and I see her different side. This girl can win anyone with her witty and funny talks. I find myself laughing at her talks. I thought I had forgotten to laugh in these 2 years but Shehnaaz has brought my old self out, whom I had buried with Aishwarya. I feel lighter now and somewhere I feel I can find a friend in her and not just as a prospective bahu to my parents. Before I walk out with my parents from Sharma's, my decision has changed. I am not going to say yes just because I want to make my parents happy but somewhere to relieve those few minutes again which I spent with Shehnaaz laughing. We as "good friends" even though people will give our relationship a name of husband and wife. I gaze at my just good friend before leaving Sharma's. But before that, I want to know her opinion as well. Would she agree or just reject? Afterall she is young, beautiful, independent girl, full of life and has a charm to make anyone fall for her fun-loving simple nature, why would she agree to marry me, a widower?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So, here it is.. SidNaaz's positive response to marriage but what about Naaz's parents? Will they give it a green signal or a red signal?

Keep reading...